Ishkur's guide to Electronic Music

- open
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Ishkur's guide to Electronic Music

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

A friend sent me a link to this website that had been offline for 5 years but now is back... Ishkurs guide to Electronic Music.

Its a guide to the history of electronic music with an novel interface. Each major genre has its own link but sub genres link to other genres. There are some rings that spread out from the top left corner that indicate the timeline. The author has comments on each sub-genre. He is pretty biased and if you read his disclaimer is pretty unapologetic for it. He seems to lean towards old Chicago and acid sounds... making me suspect he is old schooler :D

You can spend a lot of time noodling around this little application. I was a little hesitant to post about this because of some people on mnml.nl and their draconian attitudes towards copyright infringement. I dont know the people who made or host this. I hope nobody goes off the deep end regarding this type of stuff. Keep in mind the bitrates of the material must be 64kbs at best. So terrible but identifiable.

http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

For those of you who just want to have some fun exploring and noodling about... enjoy. Lots of nice classics to be reminded of. Lots of sub-genres you will be glad you never had a phase for :D

I like his selections that represent the Garage and JazzStep sub-genres 8)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

offline? It's been online since the internet was born.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

it seems a bit dated without dubstep and all it's sub genres.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Thats because it is. I remember using this site back when I was at college when I was 19.
reddie
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by reddie »

The description about Technics SL-1200 Turntables is the best.

quote: The Technics SL-1200 is more reliable and loyal then the family dog. Likened to the AK-47, it was built to last....It has an average lifespan of 10 DJ careers.

8)
kellyj994
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Ishkur's guide to Electronic Music

Post by kellyj994 »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:A friend sent me a link to this website that had been offline for 5 years but now is back... Ishkurs guide to Electronic Music.

Its a guide to the history of electronic music with an novel interface. Each major genre has its own link but sub genres link to other genres. There are some rings that spread out from the top left corner that indicate the timeline. The author has comments on each sub-genre. He is pretty biased and if you read his disclaimer is pretty unapologetic for it. He seems to lean towards old Chicago and acid sounds... making me suspect he is old schooler :D

You can spend a lot of time noodling around this little application. I was a little hesitant to post about this because of some people on mnml.nl and their draconian attitudes towards copyright infringement. I dont know the people who made or host this. I hope nobody goes off the deep end regarding this type of stuff. Keep in mind the bitrates of the material must be 64kbs at best. So terrible but identifiable.

http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

For those of you who just want to have some fun exploring and noodling about... enjoy. Lots of nice classics to be reminded of. Lots of sub-genres you will be glad you never had a phase for :D

I like his selections that represent the Garage and JazzStep sub-genres 8)
Such a very amazing link!
Thanks you for the post.
Ridley909
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Ridley909 »

Ishkur's been saying he's been working on the new edition for years... I've held my breath several times already... :P