Using mp3 samples in your track.

- ask away
Madou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Madou »

Kreate by Jochem Paap even got a Youtube drums library. All lo-fi sound samples from youtube. Most of the samples sound like they are a lot less than 320Kbps. As said by widdly it depends on the context...
As long as it sounds good in the mix there's no problem in using 320 samples.
"Enjoy the music, but don't forget to go home..."
NomadSpectrum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by NomadSpectrum »

I have lifted voice and atmospheres from YT for that lofi vibe but never a kick - but as said before if it sounds ok go for it
koen1978 wrote:
How do you guys sample stuff?

8)
I put the whole mp3 in Audicity and then cut the bit I want and save as a wav file them put in Ableton either on an audio track or simpler depending what I am doing with it
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

NomadSpectrum wrote: I put the whole mp3 in Audicity and then cut the bit I want and save as a wav file them put in Ableton either on an audio track or simpler depending what I am doing with it
Why do you save it as wav?
NomadSpectrum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by NomadSpectrum »

patrick bateman wrote:
NomadSpectrum wrote: I put the whole mp3 in Audicity and then cut the bit I want and save as a wav file them put in Ableton either on an audio track or simpler depending what I am doing with it
More out of habit than anything else :)
thefunnel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thefunnel »

Sometimes lo-fi is what you're going for. I highly recommend snagging mp3 and worse sounds, or analog sounds with lots of noise, to add a little grit and rawness to things. It just has to be done tastefully and not overused...unless you're inteltionally going for extremes!

I think a lot of producers are so tired of the hyper-sterile cleanliness digital ITB production of the 2000s, and are ready to make a turn toward the raw again.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

patrick bateman wrote:
because most music software doesn't like mp3
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

thefunnel wrote: I think a lot of producers are so tired of the hyper-sterile cleanliness digital ITB production of the 2000s, and are ready to make a turn toward the raw again.
the stupid thing is it's really easy to make raw sounding productions ITB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPOZzE1s ... re=related
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

tone-def wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
because most music software doesn't like mp3
But he wrote that he is using ableton, and ableton supports mp3, so it sounds a bit strange in my opinion, to make the file 5-8 times bigger by converting it to wav.
That's why I asked, maybe there was a REALLY good explanation.