Should I buy the analog turntable Technics SL 1200/1210?

- open
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

tone-def wrote:i wouldn't bother going back and reading the whole thread. chris sounded like a stuck record for about 4 pages. he made his point, i got it the first time, then he kept going on and on about how value is subjective.
:D
Dardis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dardis »

trak660 wrote:If the seller of the mp3 deletes original or sells it on a hard drive with no other backups left, that sounds fair.

Back to the subject of decks, does anyone prefer another brand over Technics?
From my experience, the Numark TT's, OEMs, and Vestax are ok for beat matching, but not for tricks. The controls didn't seem to be predictable, and I did not like the extra torque.
First pair of decks I got were Vestax PDX's, which I think are better than the 1210's I now use. The reason for switching in my case was simply that virtually every club in the land has Technics on install. The feel is quite different, so when I used to go out & play i'd always be struggling with a set 1210's. About four years ago I got fed up with it & bought some Technics, & they're pretty much all I use now.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

clubfoot wrote:If you're gonna play digital files you might as well fully embrace the medium. And it's got to be WAV for playing out on a system. Just my opinion.. I love vinyl and technics decks too.
feels more like fully giving up on the awesomeness and instead use some cheap plastic box... :roll: (ok, or a very expensive metal box...) Whats the deal with Pioneer dvd mixers and such...
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

what i love about vinyl is this feeling to work with really solid objects
the technics tables are really well produced, only metal no plastik knobs ect.
if you own an old analog mixer like that:

now compare this to a setup like this

if i see someone playing with this thing, i just think

a boy with his toy rather than a dj at work

i cant take this people seriously ..

please take no offense if someone actually use a thing like that.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

ahh come on...
You're comparing a DJ mixer worth 2-3.000 Euro or more (as I remember it) to a digital controller worth 2-300 Euro...

Compare that analog A&H to this digital A&H (I'm sure you still want the analog one, but).

WillieSmalls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by WillieSmalls »

Themis wrote:Image
That looks like the sort of thing that would launch a nuclear missile, I want one.
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

Check this out! Rotary heaven..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPMgAcJ-s7I
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

@patrick, this kind of mixers are also available cheaper, dont have to be a xone - it was a example for a solid mixer.

i give it to you, the xone:4D is definitely not a hercules kind of product, its much more solid, but its still much much more plastic than this old school mixers.
i own a xone 42, so im not against this mixers or anything
i only wanted to point out that i would change in a second to such a good solid mixer like the Xone:S6

this rawness turns me on :D

its this feeling why i play vinyl, it feels so physical when i work with this tools. maybe this is because i own a computer sind i was 12, and spend many many hours online and with digital things :D

today we do all things online and in seconds, all things have to go quick ect. i dont know anything else anymore so maybe this is like balance, to do things slow the old way.