Portable recorders..

- ask away
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Portable recorders..

Post by kristofason »

I'm after one for around the £150 mark, anyone got any advice?
and if you have one, how much does it get used in your productions?
XIII NRV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by XIII NRV »

mmmmm...I had a mini disk recorder back in the days, I use to sample the city's noise very early in the morning, and i still use those samples...but now with a laptop, good soundcard and a mic, you can have it all
:::::::::boom tchak boom boom tchak:::::::::::

http://soundcloud.com/richard-hautin
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i got a minidisk recorder with a little mic but i don't use it that often. i'm planning on using it soon though.
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Audio Dependent »

have you seen this? http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/h1

looks pretty cool and cheap. i have been looking into buying its bigger brother the h4n, but I am not sure I need all its features and might just go with the h1.

does anyone have any experience of it? the only downside i can see to it is the external in is just a mini jack...
DeeperDub
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DeeperDub »

hi,

i've been using the zoom h1 since about 3 weeks,
it was a birthday present i got 'cause i was also searching a very small portable recorder that i can carry with me all time...

so, my impression is a bit ambivalent, what's annoying is,
that it needs a lot of power, the aaa battery you need only lasts about 2 hours or so (for wav recording 24bit/96khz), and it's a bit toy like cause of the plastic body...

but the sound quality is quite good for such a small device, also the size and weight - i would recommend it if your searchin' something to record noises and single sounds, to record a whole ambience like windsounds in tree or so there will be definitly better devices...
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

tascam portastudio
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

kdgh wrote:tascam portastudio
any experience with it?!
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

Audio Dependent wrote:have you seen this? http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/h1

looks pretty cool and cheap. i have been looking into buying its bigger brother the h4n, but I am not sure I need all its features and might just go with the h1.

does anyone have any experience of it? the only downside i can see to it is the external in is just a mini jack...
hmm looks interesting!