RSS feed?

- open
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I think I had a few drinks when I wrote that. umm, on second thought I don't think I want to do all that install/instruction stuff. Sounds like a lot of work for nothing. There are plenty of tuts out there on the subject.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

thank you for the input..

I've offered repeatedly to assist in the upgrade process and it wasn't something vicent wanted to move forward with...

also.. in all honestly .. what is all that is accomplished? posting youtube video's... people are too busy to click twice now-a-days.. geez

:P
picklemonkey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by picklemonkey »

Thanks for the response. I realize my opinion probably doesn't have as much weight as that of some of the more active members, but I think the choice to not implement RSS might be detracting some members from becoming regulars. I'm sure most of the active members don't mind since they already frequent the site daily without the need for RSS, but those of us who want to stay current with the site are overwhelmed with managing yet another forum into our day. There are so many EDM resources out there that it's hard to sift through the quality from each; the only thing that keeps many of us sane is the ability to subscribe to each site at a common portal, like Google Reader. I respect your decision to not implement it, but I just hope you can understood how some of us "outsiders" see the site while looking in.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

john clees wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:being able to embed youtube videos would be great though. is that easily done?
it requires a complete upgrade to what we have...
Being able to embed, means that you have a users staying longer time on the site, which is always a good idea.
As far as I know, youtube embedding is possible on this version of phpbb that this forum is running, just requires a plugin.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

@ picklemonkey - I was being a bit sarcastic when I said about posting you tube vid's.

yes it would have multiple benefits for sure.. but also it's what makes this board : this board. black / white / old fashion I suppose... :)