mono synths...

- ask away
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

steevio wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:these things any good? dunno why but it looks a bit tacky to me.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MikeHulmeUK ... rv_ftljSWo
analogue solutions is a good company, but i'd agree their products have a tacky look to them, but its probably intentional, they are going for that retro laboratory look.

should sound ok, ive got several ASol modules and they are high quality
they are build solid and the knobs have a pretty good feel. i wish the cheap monosynths would be build like this. the sound is also fat. mopho sounds weak compared to that but the mopho has more options to keep things interesting.
techno made me do it
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Has anyone used the pro one? Always wanted one but they dont seem to crop up that much, perhaps my yearning for one came when i read one of my musical heroes loved his (juan atkins) i have a feeling i might be disappointed if i grab one off ebay.

I tend to like to 'be safe' when buying gear, that is, i'll either try new gear in the shop if i can or consider gear i have used in the past. Decided against going the modular route but kudos to you guys who have, looks a fascinating journey and whilst im rebuilding my set up and going back to a predominantly hardware set up, im not up on my knowledge of modular to warrant a purchase.

Id buy another 101 but i just dont like the pricing of them now, theres other stuff that competes in that price bracket which is tempting me. (like the pro-one and moog prodigy) sold my house this week so getting excited about getting my new set up now.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Anybody seen the minimoog voyager xl yet? Upward of 4 grand though from what i saw this morning, cant provide a link as im on my phone but its semi modular, patchable and has a ribbon controller
widdly
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by widdly »

You can get good deals on mc-202's if you keep an eye out. They can do a lot of what a 101 can do. I've got one that I modded out with a bunch of CV inputs and I probably use it more than my 101.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

this might be of interest to someone.
depends what it goes for i suppose

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Doepfer-A-100-Ana ... 4153e1f704