3th and 7th... A Video of Creation and Illumination

- open
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

3th and 7th... A Video of Creation and Illumination

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I came across this video on my hard drive that I saved few months back and thought that I should share it. I know of at least one other person on mnml.nl has seen this video but for those of you who have not I have decided to post it. Perhaps naively, I hope that others may take joy in its quiet, clean, minimal beauty of sound, image and substance.

If you have not seen this video please watch it before reading the rest of the post! My post is written from a particular context which is best understood by similar experience.

http://vimeo.com/7809605

I first saw this video last year and was absolutely captivated by its beauty... not only because of my appreciation of architecture but because I was once upon a time a student in 3D graphics and multimedia arts. Its called Third and Seventh by Alex Roman. It is a beautiful video created almost entirely with 3d Renderings. The only shots that are not 100% 3D are the shots with the photographer, a few skies and the white doves. Its so nice. Amazing the things we can do with computers. It makes you wonder about the software that runs our universe.

This gentleman's talent is undeniable and I have the utmost respect but for me the value of this video lies not so much in the craft of its making but in my personal experience in watching it... which is undoubtedly the aim of all good artists when they create.

I find this video so interesting on so many levels. The first time I watched this video I did not know it was a 3D animation. It was an illumination because the realism is gripping and before I read about the technical details of the making of the video I didn't pick up on the minor inconsistencies. (windmills) I think the difference in vision between the imagined and the actualized in the video are in the end rather minor given my perception. Acknowledging this, I experienced a moment of real illumination in regard to the suspension of belief. In the quest for revelation and understanding of the magic of creation, (human or otherwise) suspension of belief is the only hope we have because given our faculties we often can't even see creation for what it is...
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

probably the best CGI I have ever seen. amazing.