[M 97] Fabrizio Maurizi - Chronicles

- wax
masterpiece
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by masterpiece »

The Italian born and raised Fabrizio Maurizi has hit the ground running at an exceptionally quick pace, starting things off with his “Ok, Switch On” EP, which was an instant hit for heads-down techno heads. His third release for Minus is set to boost his name to new heights, further building his reputation as a newcomer who knows exactly what he’s doing. He proves his expertise in looping vocal samples and tweaking them to the extreme—one of his trademark techniques, and something that gives his productions a unique and instantly recognizable twist. His new EP for Minus features two instrumental dancefloor appointed tracks with a clever splash of humanity – subtle and cunningly placed vocal fragments which create a distinct, yet disjointed sense of humanity amongst the onslaught of electronics and studio gadgets.

The a-side cut, Bring Me Back showcases Fabrizio’s ability to fuse the robotic movement of proper underground techno, with the patience and steadiness of a perfectly developed human mind. Produced with a tempo at a refreshingly slower pace, Bring Me Back incorporates all the elements for a perfect DJ tool, useful for both a highlight of the set, or a fully functional programmer used to build tension in-between tracks. Utilizing effective breaks and providing subtle surprises around each corner, Fabrizio displays his keen ability for the groove. The appearance of the “bring me back” vocal lies under the track a bit, only surfacing to surprise the listeners with a subtle and sneaky personal touch. Its subtlety is one of the track's greatest assets, elevating it from interesting to outstanding.

Flipping the record over, you’ll find Ollie, which boosts the energy levels up a notch and takes much of its driving force on loose skippy beats, sharp handclaps and brain-bending sound effects. From start to finish, Ollie builds and builds and never takes a break. An understated peak time cut, the carefully sculpted sounds and less-is-more aesthetic will translate incredibly once booming from a massive sound system. Similar to Bring Me Back on the a-side, the track incorporates a hint of humanity again with a vocal letting the clubbers know that there is a living breathing person who is without a doubt responsible for creating such a mechanical cut.

The digital version also features an additional four tracks of pristine dancefloor gear, riding a tight crest between minimal production aesthetics and banging peak hour techno. From the punchy funk of Japalese and Justify to the trippier submerged sounds of Duck Dive and Free As We Are, the additional digital tracks offer even more for the DJ.

Track Listing Vinyl:
A. Bring Me Back
B. Ollie

Digital Bonus Tracks:
1. Duck Dive
2. Justify
3. Japalese
4. Free As We Are (bundle only)

Release Date Digital: October 6th, 2010
Release Date Physical: October 4th, 2010

http://www.wordandsound.de/article/67156
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

I guess I'll say it then: sucks, typical average and boring sound.
Still don't get why Minus took this guy on board...
Nordin
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Nordin »

tettezak wrote:I guess I'll say it then: sucks, typical average and boring sound.
+1
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Nordin wrote:
tettezak wrote:I guess I'll say it then: sucks, typical average and boring sound.
+1
I find Bring Me Back to be okay, but besides that I agree.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

patrick bateman wrote:
Nordin wrote:
+1
agree with the boring average sound.. but imo he goes pretty well with the minus crew.. the releases of other minus artists weren't better at all...
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

roland wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
Nordin wrote:
+1
agree with the boring average sound.. but imo he goes pretty well with the minus crew.. the releases of other minus artists weren't better at all...
I think the last releases were quite fine.
Troy, Heartthrob, Ambivalent and so on. I found all of these quite nice.
miro pajic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miro pajic »

bring me back and justify=nice!

best maurizi so far IMO
juanm2t
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by juanm2t »

Nordin wrote:
+1
boring as hell, only track i liked from him was no fear...the rest are really boring

no one knows what he did to Ricky