Great Stuff Records or why youtube gets a worse place for mu

- open
wanderameise
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Great Stuff Records or why youtube gets a worse place for mu

Post by wanderameise »

music... yes!

I think it´s a fact we all know since years but I never had any kind of problems especially regarding tracks distributed by well known techno labels.

Yesterday my youtube account - which at least exists for about five years now - was deleted for copyright infringement. About 50 videos and nearly one million views are gone...

To be more exact, it was a song distributed by GSR. This song was released (and also uploaded by me) about 1,5 years ago and up to now no one was interested in this.

OK, I am not the owner of this - like XX million others who uploaded songs on YT - that's a fact. But I am not criminal who provided this for downloading purposes or stuff like this. I own those records! I supported them all the time by buying their records. I just want people to enjoy music, to share my style and interests not making any profit.

All I try to say is: Why didn't they write me a simple email with a note to delete this video? Not a big deal, eh? And why now - after years?

I just wanted to share this to relieve my pain!
ctadamian
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ctadamian »

I think you skipped the licence agreement/terms of use.
wanderameise
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by wanderameise »

patrick bateman wrote:are you crying?
Yes I do, 1000s of favorites are just gone! cmon where's your pity little girl??
i didn't say that I was right, I just was wondering. I had many other tracks online and no one had any problems with that. but sometimes life kicks your ass!
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

Go ahead and wear it.

Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

i think you were wrong though. Why are you so different than somebody buying an mp3 and putting it on rapidshare?

Or am i missing the point here?
K0$+3k
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by K0$+3k »

wanderameise wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:are you crying?
Yes I do, 1000s of favorites are just gone! cmon where's your pity little girl??
i didn't say that I was right, I just was wondering. I had many other tracks online and no one had any problems with that. but sometimes life kicks your azz!
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

Why buy a track if it's free on youtube? DJs have to because of the song quality, but what about all the other people...
Even if it's for promotion or for the love of the music, you still give hundreds of song for free and that's illegal... (endless debate: it's not because people listen to it on youtube that they would have buy it...)
I had many other tracks online and no one had any problems with that.
It's not because you don't get caught that you can do it.

I understand you anger, they probably should have sent you an email...
Last edited by LouisVee on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.