The UK Scene

- open
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

vermi wrote: you forgot to mention that red beer that tastes like cherry or something. that's awesome stuff ;)
Kriek Bellevue. (beer for women though :lol: )

Tone-Def: that sounds indeed like a bit of a wanker.
Best way to get on BP is by getting a good distributor or have some people have a little chat on your behalf.
We worked through a distributor for about a year and then finally asked BP if they would consider taking us on as a direct account, and that was that. Our publisher also works for a friend's label taht got launched just a few months ago, and he also got a spot on Beatport after the publisher had a good talk with them. So it's definetely possible if you use your network contacts a bit. Staying on it is more difficult :D
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

Lindemans Kriek is the best, the rest of the Kriek beers tastes like piss if you compare it with Lindemans. Nah! :p
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

tone-def wrote:i don't want to go name calling on a public forum. i'll get in trouble :)
I just wanna know who the label is so I can check them out.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Evad Streaklov wrote:Lindemans Kriek is the best, the rest of the Kriek beers tastes like piss if you compare it with Lindemans. Nah! :p
you're disturbingly weird, Dave. ;)
dyte
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dyte »

PsyTox wrote: Kriek Bellevue. (beer for women though :lol:)
err..... that stuff's quality :lol:

though i really can't drink anything strong alcohol wise, watered down lager's about as much as i can handle!
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

::BLM:: wrote:
tone-def wrote:
clubfoot wrote:
::BLM:: wrote: ... for some reason we are never in the limelight. So much focus on other scenes, but the UK has never really sorted itself out.
that's because people in the UK are often too busy being jealous/wary of other people and protecting their own sh!t from other people getting a piece, rather than sharing and coming together. that doesn't really make a scene, imo.
if think your confusing the UK with Detroit.
I kind of agree with him. Well defo in London thats for sure. I think a few major factors come into play and one of them is the cost. London is so expensive so everyone is thinking about paying rent/living etc.. so thats when the selfishness starts.
I guess this ^^ is really what i wanted to say. sorry for the negative contribution guys, i wasn't trying to diss. actually I'm from London myself and tbh, having read all the comments here, things sound pretty positive and good - keep it up guys. the good and the bad are everywhere huh?
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

pretty sizeable weekend this weekend... a ton of stuff going on

[blatent plug]
http://earpipe.com/2009/11/26/the-berli ... -round-up/
[/blatent plug]
pnd
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by pnd »

wikey wrote:Where (in your opinion) is the best club you've visited in the UK?
Corsica studios hands down my favourite London club! There's something pretty surreal about those epic council estates, crushed cars and dystopian buildings when you're leaving.

On topic, Claro Intelecto and 6th Borough project.