Mowar007 Ozka - Hidden Roots + Peter Van Hoesen remix

- wax
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Mowar007 Ozka - Hidden Roots + Peter Van Hoesen remix

Post by dsat »

Mowar’s 7th release is an all-Belgian production. Belgian producer Ozka, who released on Aesthetik Records back in 2006 and was part of the 6th Sense collective during the mid 90’s with releases on Dave Angel’s Rotation, is back in the studio churning out tracks. His Hidden Roots ep on Mowar shows his love for basic mental grooves with clear Detroit and UK techno influences. The title track Hidden Roots is a mental druggy trip, with a simple bass-driven groove layered with dubby basic-channel sounds and hypnotic sliding noises reminiscent of the Ifach imprint. Intel Dub is a dubstep influenced breakbeat-driven techno work out with again basic but intense beats and basslines and simple chord progressions for hip shaking madness. Show Patternz is the funkier track on this ep. An in-your-face techno groover with funky chords, jacking beats very much similar to the glory days of Ferox. On remix duty we find Belgium’s Peter Van Hoesen who turns Hidden Roots in a hypnotic warehouse monster dominated by throbbing bassdrums and filtered out chord stabs very much in the vein of his new album. This ep clearly shows that Belgium is not all about chocolate and unstable governments, but a hot-bed for quality electronic music!

A1 Hidden Roots
A2 Intel Dub
B1 Hidden Roots (Peter Van Hoesen remix)
B2 Shown Patternz

listen to samples here:
http://soundcloud.com/mowar

Support comes from Falko Brocksieper, Deetron, Samuli Kemppi, Brendon Moeller, Paul Mac, Angel Molina

The Peter Van Hoesen remix was played by Deetron in his mix for the Fact mag: http://www.factmag.com/2010/06/18/fact-mix-159-deetron

Relevant websites:

www.myspace.com/ozkaoz
www.myspace.com/petervanhoesen
www.t2x.eu

www.myspace.com/mowar
www.mowar.be
www.myspace.com/askonceagain
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

masterpiece
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by masterpiece »

Ozka is superb!!.... His "Wheres that Sound" album was one of my fav stuff on Aesthetik Rec. (and sadly last thing i bought on aesthetik bcs label stopped :cry: ) ...& for this one "Hidden Roots" & "Shown Patternz" both have great atmosphere ......i liked em very much indeed....Glad to see Ozka back!!
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

masterpiece wrote:Ozka is superb!!.... His "Wheres that Sound" album was one of my fav stuff on Aesthetik Rec. (and sadly last thing i bought on aesthetik bcs label stopped :cry: ) ...& for this one "Hidden Roots" & "Shown Patternz" both have great atmosphere ......i liked em very much indeed....Glad to see Ozka back!!

thanks ;-)
glad you're feeling it!
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

digital is out, get it on beatport, whatpeopleplay ad others...

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/con ... tyId=11827
DaTilt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DaTilt »

Love the Peter von Hoesen Remix. Great stuff.
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

DaTilt wrote:Love the Peter von Hoesen Remix. Great stuff.
glad you're feeling it :-)