mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[US] [MPLS] 09.25.10 // BLACK ft. Kris Wadsworth

Post by projekt »

projekt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by projekt »

The Detroit DJ/producer admires graffiti in Montreal, spends too much time in Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, embraces his inner blues guitarist in Austin and lives to tell about it.

Touring scenes is a feature series on RA in which we ask a DJ or live act to tell us the story of what happens when the music isn't playing. It isn't a tour diary. Nor is it a travel essay. Instead, we're simply hoping to offer glimpses of a life often unexamined. For our second edition, we welcome Detroit DJ/producer Kris Wadsworth.

I've been a few places, seen a few things. Most people know where I am from. Some even think they know who I am. Few know, however, that recently I became so disillusioned with the music industry and the way things sometimes have to be for us un-chosen ones, that I went back to the horrors of shitty part-time jobs and community college pre-requisite courses.

I soon realized that "this" music was something I had inside of me, something as automatic as breathing or blinking one's eyes. I had to go back because it is nearly all that I have ever had. Sure, traveling as a musician is hard. Some of it is seemingly unremarkable, but to actually experience some of this as a "professional," is something no banker or schoolteacher or even bartender would have any idea about. So here is a glimpse at what my life as a totally screwed-into-being-creative, alleged-pro, somewhat-actually degenerate, international artist is all about.

CLICK HERE FOR THE ENTIRE ARTICLE