Claude VonStroke - Who's afraid of Reason?

- ask away
JayBliss
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by JayBliss »

Mihai Popoviciu's first release on Gigolo Records (released in 2005) was made with Jeskola Buzz - freeware software for the newer guys :)

Eventhough we work for now exclusevely in Ableton, we have some released or waiting to be released tracks made in Fruity Loops too.

Before getting a mac, i always dreamed about Logic, but now i know so well Ableton (also the 8th version looks like they have tons of improvements) that i think getting used to Logic would just be a waste of time for the moment.

It really doesn't matter what you're using if you know your software well.

I was experimenting 4-5 years ago with Reason and it was ok. The only thing about it is that it doesn't support VST and i can't live without some mastering and fx VSTs :)
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

::BLM:: wrote:All the stuff I have released has been made on Reason. It's all about working with what you got. Regarding its sound problems, it has none. My stuff has always sounded great when I play it out so I cant complain.

I know loads of people that use reason and they are some at the top of this scene.
To me, however, reason still does sound a bit muddy. It might be my lack of mixing experience, but I don't seem to get my tracks to sound energetic. And its not about using, the presets/the factory soundbank, i hardly use those at all. For synths, I sometimes have up to 8 synths in a combinator to get a "fat"/solid sound, but I'm still not satisfied. I do agree that it has to do with skills to a certain extent, but i believe it isnt only about that.
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

Admit it! What you really dont like is that he wasn't some anorexic european homosexual talking down to you while making obscure references, name dropping and pushing a bunch of quasi artistic minimal fluff in your direction.
Sorry dood, but thats bullshit, what makes you think i'm into anorexic european homosexuals talking down to me?! You spent the rest of your post bigging up Reason, what you don't know is that I use Reason a lot myself.. my point was was that the way he delivered his message was quite boring i thought.. very monotonous.. but anyway, who cares really, not making a big fuss just saying what i thought..
JanLuis
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JanLuis »

Maiyal wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:All the stuff I have released has been made on Reason. It's all about working with what you got. Regarding its sound problems, it has none. My stuff has always sounded great when I play it out so I cant complain.

I know loads of people that use reason and they are some at the top of this scene.
To me, however, reason still does sound a bit muddy. It might be my lack of mixing experience, but I don't seem to get my tracks to sound energetic. And its not about using, the presets/the factory soundbank, i hardly use those at all. For synths, I sometimes have up to 8 synths in a combinator to get a "fat"/solid sound, but I'm still not satisfied. I do agree that it has to do with skills to a certain extent, but i believe it isnt only about that.

a top class musician i think he could even make tracks without a daw LOL
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Shadi Megallaa wrote:
Admit it! What you really dont like is that he wasn't some anorexic european homosexual talking down to you while making obscure references, name dropping and pushing a bunch of quasi artistic minimal fluff in your direction.
Sorry dood, but thats bullshit, what makes you think i'm into anorexic european homosexuals talking down to me?! You spent the rest of your post bigging up Reason, what you don't know is that I use Reason a lot myself.. my point was was that the way he delivered his message was quite boring i thought.. very monotonous.. but anyway, who cares really, not making a big fuss just saying what i thought..
Innit... You and your assumptions :roll Claude's voice is so monotnous, it bored me to death.
knapkin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by knapkin »

Future Music sat down with CVS, in 5 interviews or so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZbq9Yuy48Y

that's part one.

He goes through Vocal Chords, the Whistler, Who's afraid of Detroit, and a remix or two I think.

He uses (or at least has open) a few reason synths.

Who really cares what you use. I love reason, but I love Live for all of the audio capabilities. My workflow generally starts in live, and is all bounced down to reason samplers. The interface just makes sense to me.