Luciano's studio gear

- ask away
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Luciano's studio gear

Post by blizt »

Always curious to see what the big names are using. Interview is 5-6 months old but who cares. You can find the list at the end.

http://www.xlr8r.com/features/2010/01/s ... inted-stud
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

looks like he's a Pro Tools user too.
squonqdm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by squonqdm »

Kewl to see what Luciano uses, i think there's quite a few studers & nice german legacy broadcast things on swiss/austria ebay.. wouldnt mind something nice deskwise myself.. (wishlist object no.60040)

Tone, what are your feelings on pro-tools? it's one sequencer i havent tried, though i'm interested to check it out at some point, i did have a little look at the free win98 version many moons ago, have you used cubase at all and would you say it's as useful/quick with chopping/manipulating audio in the arrange page.

how about elastic audio.. how is that?

are you on LE or a hardware system? :)

many questions.. ! thoughts? :)
acos1
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by acos1 »

I find the sequencer in PT an absolute dog to use but for chopping audio its the bomb.
Signal Code Records interview. - http://mntothat.com/scr-interview/

Mix - http://vaiwuu.notlong.com
Mirza
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mirza »

the speakers are the dope
Last edited by Mirza on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

squonqdm wrote:Kewl to see what Luciano uses, i think there's quite a few studers & nice german legacy broadcast things on swiss/austria ebay.. wouldnt mind something nice deskwise myself.. (wishlist object no.60040)

Tone, what are your feelings on pro-tools? it's one sequencer i havent tried, though i'm interested to check it out at some point, i did have a little look at the free win98 version many moons ago, have you used cubase at all and would you say it's as useful/quick with chopping/manipulating audio in the arrange page.

how about elastic audio.. how is that?

are you on LE or a hardware system? :)

many questions.. ! thoughts? :)
there's good and bad points about every DAW but at the end of the day there all the same. i love it and hate it at the same time. it's a joy to use for recording and editing audio but LE has no plugin delay compensation and your limited with your choice of hardware. Avid will also try and take every last penny from you if you want extra stuff like high track count. i'm ok because 48 tracks is more than enough for me and i use Reason and Record for a lot of stuff.

the audio editing in pro tools is so good i find myself making tracks without using any midi and you don't have to worry about an audio editing window as everything happens in the arrange page. as far as i know cubase still hasn't got any beat detective feature and elastic audio is cool, sometimes. i haven't used cubase since SX2 and then i was only doing midi with VST's and soundfonts.

i wouldn't bother with it unless you have some M-Powered compatible gear, don't use more than 48 tracks and have another DAW if your into things like parallel processing where delay compensation is essential.
Mirza
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mirza »

Mirza wrote:the speakers are the dope
squonqdm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by squonqdm »

@Tone... thanks your thoughts Senor, workflowwise i have done a few tracks in Cubase with just audio also and it works well, and you can just pitch any bit of audio in the arrange window and use envelopes as well on percussion and stuff... all non-destructively ! you have a recycle feature built in "hitpoints" which is ok.. though i'm used to using recycle more but it works well and does the job.. it sounds similar to tools in that respect.....

sometime i will have a go with it i'm sure! :)

cheers !

@Mirza.. agreed! think Villalobos and Hawtin have them as well.. i'd like to hear them : )