loop etiquitte

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

if you want to have a homogeneous sound as everyone else loops are probably the best way to go. Same goes for using a similar drum machine or Synth.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
dubgil2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil2 »

Ingemar wrote:set your own rules man, and then don't care about them.

Think of it this way, every loop has its creator. Try emulating instead of just copy/paste+whatever effects that makes you sleep at night
EXACTLY!!!!!!!

one of the very first, and few loops CD's I got was from dood calls himself 6pod9. I think the loops are awesome, but I concluded they were simple enough to inspire me to emulate/"cover" myself, it's made me make my own stuff easier...
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

dubgil2 wrote:
Ingemar wrote:set your own rules man, and then don't care about them.

Think of it this way, every loop has its creator. Try emulating instead of just copy/paste+whatever effects that makes you sleep at night
EXACTLY!!!!!!!

one of the very first, and few loops CD's I got was from dood calls himself 6pod9. I think the loops are awesome, but I concluded they were simple enough to inspire me to emulate/"cover" myself, it's made me make my own stuff easier...
Ditto that. That was exactly my point earlier, there's no need to use loops that are constructed electronically as they are perfectly recreatable. But when you are starting out it's a good idea to actually try and recreate the loops that inspire you, you get 'under the hood' so to speak and realise what makes things appealing to you and how those sounds/loops are constructed.
Dusk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dusk »

MagpieIndustries wrote:I thought using loops was cheating, so I programmed my own using samples. I then thought using samples was cheating, so I recorded real drums. I then thought that programming it was cheating, so I learned to play drums for real. I then thought using bought drums was cheating, so I learned to make my own. I then thought using premade skins was cheating, so I killed a goat and skinned it. I then thought that that was cheating too, so I grew my own goat from a baby goat. I also think that is cheating, but I'm not sure where to go from here. I haven't made any music lately, what with the goat farming and all.
This, sir, is bloody genius.

JUST MAKE SOME F*CKING MUSIC ALREADY. NOBODY GIVES A F*CK WHAT YOU USE OR HOW YOU GET THERE.
Direkt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Direkt »

Dusk wrote:
MagpieIndustries wrote:I thought using loops was cheating, so I programmed my own using samples. I then thought using samples was cheating, so I recorded real drums. I then thought that programming it was cheating, so I learned to play drums for real. I then thought using bought drums was cheating, so I learned to make my own. I then thought using premade skins was cheating, so I killed a goat and skinned it. I then thought that that was cheating too, so I grew my own goat from a baby goat. I also think that is cheating, but I'm not sure where to go from here. I haven't made any music lately, what with the goat farming and all.
This, sir, is bloody genius.

JUST MAKE SOME F*CKING MUSIC ALREADY. NOBODY GIVES A F*CK WHAT YOU USE OR HOW YOU GET THERE.
+1
bam
aciduss
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by aciduss »

Genetic engineering would be next step... so you can design your own goats, but then using premade DNA code seems like cheating, hmm... (-)
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

well u just have to b a god...
u "create" sheep (or loops or whatnot...) :)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

My opinion. If you find your own loops from old recorsds then well done. Loop cd's are sh!t. Although you're right in that bongo/congo loops are useful at times.