audio interface problemo

- ask away
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

audio interface problemo

Post by Spurn »

ok so i have kind of a unique issue with my current audio interface. awhile back i bought these wires to run my drum machine into the audio interface inputs and now the wires are stuck in the inputs and dont wanna come out. i pull really really hard and they either stay stuck OR the metal tip at the very end of the wire stays stuck inside the input of the interface. see picture:

the orange wire is stuck inside the black input

this has happened on three inputs on my audio interface. two are stuck right now and one just has the metal tip stuck inside.

i tried opening up the interface to see if i could maybe push the stuck wires out from the other side or something but no dice.

im asking for any help from anyone who may have possibly had this same problem and fixed it on their own. obviously i could take it somewhere to be professionally fixed but i dont have the money for that and i rly feel like theres gotta be some way i could do this myself.

any and all help will be ridiculously appreciated.

side not : STAY AWAY from HOSA audio cables
god they fucking suck -frown 2 -squint -evil -ex
someonelikeyou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by someonelikeyou »

WD40? Someonelikeyou.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

super glue on some stick and glue it to the metal tip which is stuck helps most of time
its all about the rhythm
dubgil2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil2 »

i had the same thing with my NI Audio kontrol 1 - I simply had to pull really hard.
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

i was able to get one out last night
now i need to work on the other two

i like the wd40 idea

monster cables too??? geez
i do not like the idea of running into this problem again
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

It's possible that the issue is to do with the cables themselves. maybe they are sligtly larger than they should be or something like that.

Or maybe the connectors on the card are worn out and could be replaced. I dunno if that happens or not. But one way or another if they're fucked i think it could be quite simple to replace the connectors inside the card yourself, but there is a risk, and it might be better for your mental health to send it to someone who definitely knows what they are doing.

ANyway, the black part of the connector on the card will be soldered onto a circuitboard, and it might be possible to access this connector and to find the part number and replace it. [Be careful about static discharge if you open the case.]

It might not be possible to access the inside of your soundcard easily and doing so will definitely void your warranty if you still have one.

I wouldn't use WD40.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

samed thing happened to me on my RME. have no idea why they got stuck... but to get them out was a nightmare. They finally came out and no parts were left in there... but it seems like this is just a standard problem. :?
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

i guess i feel a little better knowing im not the only one with this retarded problem.

i was able to get one more out using some wd40 and some elbow grease but this last one is being really really stubborn.

this has been such a pain -_____-