Ricardo Villalobos Live @ Exit Fetsival 2010

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

Carlj
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Carlj »

Maybe the real heads are expecting al little bit to much from Ricardo, if i see where he plays this summer in the Netherlands and Belgium, only the big festivals.
And...anyone see this article
http://www.residentadvisor.net/review-view.aspx?id=7821
koerperklaus
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by koerperklaus »

Pansen wrote:Here's a MP3 Link (I didn't upload it, i just fetched the links from another forum).

http://djurl.com/o9afhvcc
http://www.fileserve.com/file/BWHCPdZ

To be honest: One of the worst sets i've ever head from ricardo. he could play this kind of music on the loveparade or at the oberbayern on mallorca. really disappointing!
haha: that s it!
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

it's rubbish, yes, but it's a festival set. trust me, he still does play stuff like dj slip + avro part. in my opnion (having seen him various places over the years, including panoramabar several times) fabric is the place to see villalobos. perfect match of club and DJ, his sets there are from another world. you can tell how much he cares about being there and loves playing the place every time he plays - he DJs for himself there, the crowd comes along for the journey.
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

i mean do you seriously ever think he was playing experimental stuff at tacky open air festivals? that would go down like a lead balloon. there are plenty of dodgy festival sets of his from years ago available online too. you play a festival you play the hits...
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

This is the exact reason why I was glad he played with Zip at Super Bock fest. in Portugal. :P
...:::I Looove this Place:::...
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

it sounds like you guys think I'm this guy who loved him first and now not anymore...

I still love his sets (I was at Kiesgrube, it was amazing, one of his best sets ever) ,his attitude towards dj'ing and exactely the fact that you don't have to expect anything from him. His power to make you just enjoy the trip, not the 'BOMBS', is awesome but I was refering to the recent crowd which is just waiting for the new tracks of the moment. I remember him playing at ten days off in 2004 or so and that was real trippy underground stuff for a large crowd of people and the atmosphere was great. This year I went to Fuse too to see him and he started of with some great old deep techno tracks, obscure acid and stuff, absolutely great, but then the only thing I heard was 'man when is he going to play those spanish vocals'....

but again, who am I to say who can and who can't enjoy his nights
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

Edward_Molton wrote:
alutza wrote:
Kiani wrote:sadly what I've noticed is confirmed by this video too. The totally wrong crowd is coming to see the guy lately, a bunch of guys that first digged Tiga and now jumped on the Villalobos train.

Painful... but anyway his sets are mostly still true to his roots, but still I hate it when some Jersey shore douchebag starts shouting Ricardooooooo like he owns his local gym...
You do have to take in consideration that this is Exit, a festival that caters to a lot of different musical genres so I wouldn't be that surprised if many people there seem "out of place".

P.S. Tiga is quite good imo, lol.
I think it's good that people can discover Villalobos on a festival. They might not be the 'correct' crowd but maybe they stop listening to crappy electrohouse after seeing Ricardoooooo.

Sssjaaah... some people never learn! :(

Tigaaaa LOL!
...:::I Looove this Place:::...
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

Kiani wrote:sadly what I've noticed is confirmed by this video too. The totally wrong crowd is coming to see the guy lately, a bunch of guys that first digged Tiga and now jumped on the Villalobos train.

Painful... but anyway his sets are mostly still true to his roots, but still I hate it when some Jersey shore douchebag starts shouting Ricardooooooo like he owns his local gym...
What are you, the fashion police?
twatty comment!