Prices of vinyl rising on juno.co.uk

- open
Harrison
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harrison »

::BLM:: wrote:Juno is about 7.99 for records. Some are 8.99 and then stuff like Deepchord etc.. is 9.99. I just did a shop and I bought 12 records for £93 including postage, which is about normal for me.
i have 14 in my cart at the minute and including shipping its £125. seems high but what makes it so is buying a few on labels like UQ, golf channel, story, laid. all either £8.99 or £9.50.

why do records like the new moodymann and vakula go up in price after they have originally sold out?!
WillieSmalls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by WillieSmalls »

Harrison wrote:
why do records like the new moodymann and vakula go up in price after they have originally sold out?!
Supply & demand.
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

WillieSmalls wrote:
Harrison wrote:
Supply & demand.
what is this "supply and demand" that you speak of ;)

just bought 3 and with priority shipping, it seems about right.
- matt
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

WillieSmalls wrote:
Harrison wrote:
Supply & demand.
It could be to do with the unit price. If Moodymann presses up 1000 to start with he is going to be able to get a better price then if he does a repress of 300.

The price also has to do with the distribution company and where the records are getting sent from. UQ is in the states so they have to ship the records from there to the UK, which puts the price up. We were selling at £7.99 when distributed via Intergroove. Now we are going through Rubadub and the price has come down to £6.50
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

I'm seeing lots of new releases for £6.99 as well.
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

::BLM:: wrote:
WillieSmalls wrote:
Harrison wrote:
Supply & demand.
It could be to do with the unit price. If Moodymann presses up 1000 to start with he is going to be able to get a better price then if he does a repress of 300.

The price also has to do with the distribution company and where the records are getting sent from. UQ is in the states so they have to ship the records from there to the UK, which puts the price up. We were selling at £7.99 when distributed via Intergroove. Now we are going through Rubadub and the price has come down to £6.50
UQ is rubadub too, as is Echospace.

Try the RAD site?
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Yes, but they are getting shipped from the US.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Although I would like to think that the music transcends social barriers and such... the truth is that DJing is a rich kids game. Unless you can keep up you might as well give up... unless you are willing to suffer being the pauper for the slight chance of one day becoming a techno prince. Chances are that if purchasing music becomes a bank balance tipping expense then you probably have more important things to be spending your money on. Sometimes when I hear about the size of some people's record collections on here is just makes me shake my head. Makes me think about those who have less and the things they may have had to do just to indulge their love of music. Terrible jobs, pushing drugs and worse...

One of the things I think is cool about digital distribution is the way it opens up the activity to the average person. I know it offends those who crave the now diminished exclusivity of the activity of DJing but so what. Its a source of personal satisfaction and to deny another that is well... idk...