New synths by Vermona

- ask away
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

New synths by Vermona

Post by Stomper »

First i must say im very disappointed that they have discontinued the production of the Perfourmer.
It is a very interesting synth IMO and always thought ill get it one day.
in the past two years i only found one guy that wanted to sell a used one, so now it seams very unlikely to happen.

Mono Lancet
Seams like a very nice little synth. dont know why, but the specs reminded me of Rolands SH-2.
The most obvious thing i saw and didnt like is that it now has external psu. i always liked the fact that they used and internal one in their synths.
also, it seams that the pulse can only be modulated by mod wheel or external voltage control. no env or modulation possible. that is so basic i cannot understand why they decided to make them like that.
unlike the perfourmer, the filter now can be controlled by velocity. one of turn offs i had about the perfourmer is that you needed to do those stuff manually to get that kind of dynamic.

Kick Lancet
As an owner of a DRM-1, this should give a very good competition to the M-Base.
from what i understood, it is the kick channel in a smaller box.
wonder what does the balls knob do.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

That kick lancet looks cool. I'll have to check the demos when I got home. I like that it has the ability to be triggered by a gate. I wonder what the price will be on this thing.
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

Phase Ghost wrote:That kick lancet looks cool. I'll have to check the demos when I got home. I like that it has the ability to be triggered by a gate. I wonder what the price will be on this thing.
schneidersladen.de 265,00 EUR. really nice, the kick was the main thing that made me want a drm mkIII. vermona's indeed aren't easy to get second hand, i take it that says a lot about the satisfaction level/quality.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: New synths by Vermona

Post by tone-def »

Stomper wrote:First i must say im very disappointed that they have discontinued the production of the Perfourmer.
It is a very interesting synth IMO and always thought ill get it one day.
in the past two years i only found one guy that wanted to sell a used one, so now it seams very unlikely to happen.
there is a chance they will be doing a MKII.
Vermona wrote:The PerFourMer is completely sold out and there are no plans for producing it again in its current form.
i think they will be open to making a revised edition. just look a how successful the DRM-1 MKIII has been compared to the MKII.

the Perfourmer is one of two modern synths i'm really interested in. all those knobs and no patch memory is how i like my synths.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Salomo wrote: 265,00 EUR
Ouch. That's $337 USD (if I did the google converter right). Way more than I thought it would be. I'd be willing to pay $200 at the most.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Phase Ghost wrote:
Salomo wrote: 265,00 EUR
Ouch. That's $337 USD (if I did the google converter right). Way more than I thought it would be. I'd be willing to pay $200 at the most.
if i was you i'd get something that can go in your modular system.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

tone-def wrote:there is a chance they will be doing a MKII.
Vermona wrote:The PerFourMer is completely sold out and there are no plans for producing it again in its current form.
I hope so.
If they will make the same synth with better midi i will grab the first unit available :)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Stomper wrote:
tone-def wrote:there is a chance they will be doing a MKII.
I hope so.
If they will make the same synth with better midi i will grab the first unit available :)
it would be good if it had a mod wheel and pitchbend that could be used for midi automation.

maybe some PWM would be good too.