Teenage Engineering - Hardware Synths and Midi

- ask away
be~~
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Teenage Engineering - Hardware Synths and Midi

Post by be~~ »

http://www.teenageengineering.com/

just seen this link on a friends fokbok wall, thought a few people here might be interested.

http://www.teenageengineering.com/products/op-1/
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

when i first saw that i think already few years back maybe less was interested , now not at all... price and actually it wouldnt suite my working
its all about the rhythm
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i saw the word 'tape' got excited, read more and got disappointed. there is no tape in that box :x
aciduss
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by aciduss »

Rookas wrote:when i first saw that i think already few years back maybe less was interested , now not at all... price and actually it wouldnt suite my working
I feel you, i thought it was going to be a kick ass controller... but it is like a simple sequencer + synt toy with no midi in :(
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

I'm kinda interested, but only one output and no midi worry me a bit. It it's under 400 I might buy one, otherwise no.
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

600 € something for a "studio light" you must be kidding me... for rich teenagers maybe :!:

maybe I don't get it but i don't really see the point of it
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

The OP-1 will be hughe. To me anyways. I love to concentrate on only one piece of gear.

Imagine it's summer, you are chilling with your friends at the lake, and from time to time you bang out a nice beat. Or, you are sitting in the train for an hour, get your headphones out, and write down some beat and melodie ideas.

I think it isn't a minimal-machine like a machinedrum or MPC. But the OP-1 will be great for some fun, light-hearted music :D
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

I too know that it will rock. That company is affiliated with Elektron, and so therefore the OP-1 will be of excellent make and abundant in features.
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban