World Cup warm up!

- open
ec50
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ec50 »

oh- and i'm getting bloody nervous for tonight....

;)

max
"Half maximal effective concentration"

www.ecfifty.com
www.myspace.com/ec50
www.soundcloud.com/ec50
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

ec50 wrote:yea they beat the big teams ghana and australia... and lost against serbia (remember)

and then the MASSIVE england - who couldnt get past the us & algeria and barely past slovenia. and what has argentina actually shown?

all the countries they have beat are below them in the fifa world ranking. spain is the first team which is ranked higher than they are but they have yet to achieve that one.

like i said earlier i have admiration for the german team and have been very impressed by their performance, but am getting tired of this attitude toward the dutch performance.

sure i'm biased - but give some credit where it is due (after a flawless streak - 20+ games now? - they took down the worlds number 1 and are now in semi final)
I am pretty sure you don't read what I write. Of course it's good that they win their matches, but come on, have they played enjoyable football during this tournament? Hell no!
Did they play enjoyable football in the qualification? Hell yes!!
That's why I expected so much more from the Dutch team.
Sorry, but they have played dull football in most of the matches.

And again, I wasn't talking about what those teams had shown, but about how you are generally looking at those football nations, again, read my posts.

EDIT: I'm not saying that it's not a good team, I'm not saying that it's not brilliant that they have won all their last 20+ matches and so on and so on... I'm ONLY talking about that they have played dull and boring football during this tournament.

ps: I hope you can read the above now..
ec50
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ec50 »

;) its all good patrick - i understand what you are saying - must gave been the giant red letters - and agree that to outsiders it can come off as clinical (boring) (not all of it).

its just that i don't agree with your opinion that germany has taken out much bigger teams (same thing didier was saying).

anyway - lets get back into the spirit of the WC and all enjoy tonights game - only time will tell.

really looking forward to germany v. spain. so wish that game was first...

max
"Half maximal effective concentration"

www.ecfifty.com
www.myspace.com/ec50
www.soundcloud.com/ec50
maxeinsoul
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by maxeinsoul »

This world cup is lame

only a few teams played their full level. brasil wasn't so fantastic. niether were argentina, england, spain, italy, france of course. a lot of expected matches were boring, the game was slow in general...
only germany in my opinion delivered a wicked game.
and so many sh!t referees !

there has never been so many great players in a world cup, yet it's bOOOring!
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

i'm totally with ec50.. yeah holland's performance during the group phase was not as attractive as in the qualification.. but honestly the whole wc lacks in quality and i can't name a single team which reached the demanded standard.. especially not germany since they lost against serbia and were close to the dropout against ghana.. but yeah in the last two games they kicked out big names.. we all know england sucked and argentinia is nothing with this idiot coach, in fact they almost didn't even qualify for the wc...

but i like how germany is the favourite now.. for me there is no doubt spain is going to send them back home.. so that the final can be holland vs spain ;)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

holy moly, 2 fucking nice goals !
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

Fantastic goal by Van Bronckhorst (shame it happened after an unpenalized red-card-worthy foul by Van Bommel though :?) but nice and deserved equalizer as well!