Analogue Mixer (again)

- ask away
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

i want that much without spending too much.
as far as i concern, Berhinger Eurorack which has 16 inputs for 200$ would be fine (but it only has 2 stereo outputs). i dont need the highest quality, dont care if the eqs are crap. im not going to use them.
my purpose is to be latency free and more control over the volumes.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

any mixer with 18 direct outputs is going to be over £1000. unless you like a lot of noise on your recordings.
what are you using for an interface at the moment?
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

tone-def wrote:any mixer with 18 direct outputs is going to be over £1000. unless you like a lot of noise on your recordings.
what are you using for an interface at the moment?
You probably right. i came to the conclusion ill need to record each track on its own, one at a time. but im ok with it. i think it will be worth it when i wont have any latency issues.

Im using a Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 as audio interface and Presonus Digimax FS as additional 8 preamps.

At the moment im thinking getting two units of Behringer Eurorack.
after shipping and custom, it will be about 220US each.
-No latency
-Fit in a rack and save me space i dont have anyway.
-I dont need to sell the audio interface to buy it, so if i dont like the way i work with analogue mixer, i can sell the mixer and wont need to buy a new interface.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i don't think the Behringer will add anything good to your setup. recording straight through the Digimax will sound a lot better as will mixing in your DAW.

have a look at soundcraft, the M series and LX7II or Mackie onyx.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

also the A&H Zed 420 is worth a look. i've just been looking at the specs and it's basically the R16 without the audio interface.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

thnx for the suggestions tony. but they are all more than i want to spend on this. again, i would be happy to save up some more if i knew im going to stick with it. but its my first mixer and i wont be sure if i like having a mixer until i have one.

i was also looking at the new A&H Zed 10, but i just didnt undertand it. the specs say 16 mono and 2 stereo inputs, but the physically i only see 4 mono and 2 stereo.
The soundcraft Compact 10 also in my price range.

i hate this :-/
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

I think that if i want a high quality one, my best choice is to sell my pre amps and audio interface and get a ZED 22
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

tone-def wrote:also the A&H Zed 420 is worth a look. i've just been looking at the specs and it's basically the R16 without the audio interface.
that's not true.

@stomper if you want it completely new, it's gonna cost. then again: investing in durable gear might save money in the long run. if you want a cheaper solution you might consider finding a earlier soundcraft on ebay, if you're lucky you'll have both a excellent mixer and still be able to eat.

I have a zed r16, and was glad I did invest it in the end: this thing combines all aspects of recording into one (even midi), sounds superior, and was made after the circuitry of mixer's costing many times more.