analog and digital

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

KrisM wrote:Steevio just sounds more musician than "producah" to me. His love for his modular sounds a lot like a guitarist that finally found that perfect guitar, or that smokin' amp and how it all interacts to just bring the music out of him.
wow, its really nice to be understood, thank you bro :)

i think we're all musicians, i'm not sure i even like the term producer, sounds like we're all growing cabbages or something.
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

DX7 for gnarling filter sweeps and bubbling acidic tones
why not?
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

widdly wrote:I'm a modular user and fan but what the fck is with the Buchla 200e. You think such an awesome instrument would inspire some awesome tracks but it doesn't seem to be happening.

It's a $20000 machine but the youtube demos are fcking awful. I reckon thats the reason why some people are cynical about high end modular gear.

I'd love to be proven wrong, if anyone knows of some techno 200e action then post them up...

edit. actually they are not all bad. Richard Lainhart and the NIN guy have some nice stuff
Yeah its the same in high end automobiles. Here in SoCal there are thousands of nimrods who can't drive owning and operating amazing vehicles.
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
Gill
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Gill »

steevio wrote:
i think we're all musicians, i'm not sure i even like the term producer, sounds like we're all growing cabbages or something.
LOL
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

steevio wrote: i think we're all musicians, i'm not sure i even like the term producer, sounds like we're all growing cabbages or something.
i think we're composers, musicians, programmers and mix engineers first. the producers job is to get the best performance out of the performers and to turn someone else's song into a record. i don't think producers are really relevant in most electronic music.
Gill
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Gill »

tone-def wrote:
steevio wrote: i think we're all musicians, i'm not sure i even like the term producer, sounds like we're all growing cabbages or something.
i think we're composers, musicians, programmers and mix engineers first. the producers job is to get the best performance out of the performers and to turn someone else's song into a record. i don't think producers are really relevant in most electronic music.
Yeah, but producer to me, is the one who wrangles in ideas, traditionally those of the band/musician, and turns them into something complete. That is why I like that term with electronic producers; anyone can twiddle with knobs (there are plenty of youtube videos of 2 year olds playing with nice synths and drum machines), but the fun is turning the sound exploration into something musical and complete.
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Audio Dependent »

steevio wrote:
tone-def wrote:steevio i think your going to open a few peoples eyes to modular at freerotation.
sh*t tony now youve put the pressure on, i'm going to have to practice my arse off instead of watching the world cup.......bugger

its just techno bro :)
damn straight! i can't wait to hear it too 8)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

steevio wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:
steevio wrote:
tone-def wrote:steevio i think your going to open a few peoples eyes to modular at freerotation.
sh*t tony now youve put the pressure on, i'm going to have to practice my arse off instead of watching the world cup.......bugger

its just techno bro :)
Will you be selling anymore tickets Steevio?
no we're sold out bro, did you not get one ?
Nope, I missed out. I need two if anyone has any for sale?