dj mixer

- ask away
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

cmc wrote:
Rookas wrote:well one curve is -6db and another is about -1-2db from the actual level , so not... :/ so when you set the curve its alrtight for cue? same volume for the cue and the master when CF in middle?
get there early, turn on the xfader and set the assigns before the night gets started. :D

another thing i forgot i hated about that mixer.
what?
its all about the rhythm
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

Never been a fan of A&H mixers, they just don't seem to agree with me design-wise.

Especially the one with the gain knobs (one of the most used things) on the back panel... WTF?

And the higher-end models lack obvious features (no way to blend cue/mix in the headphones in the 62, the 42's cueing is just a bit weird, etc.), I'd rather spend my money elsewhere if I was spending that much. I know they don't often appeal to the techno crowd but I actually really like Ranes, even the TTM-56, great build quality and everything works like it should. OK so it's got fewer knobs and looks less space-age but it does everything I'd want it to, I'll probably end up getting an Empath at some point as I'm planning to get into 3 deck mixing eventually.

Got an Ecler Nuo3 at the moment, I'm happy enough with the way the EQs work and overall I have to say it's a great mixer... my only niggle is that the upfader curve control only affects channels 1 and 3 (another WTF moment), but I think they've fixed that in the newer models.

I guess I'm just a bit old-skool when it comes to mixers, all I really want is the necessary features and good quality :)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

guys i just thought i should add, that anything negative i say about these mixers etc. is purely from my personal experience of running large events where up to 5 mixers are being used all weekend, for the last 10 years.

its not just me having a moan.

i also have talked extensively to equipment hire companies about these issues, i 'm just trying to help by giving an overall picture.

i'm sure many of you have these mixers and have no problems with them, but remember that in the safe environment of your bedroom, they are much less likely to go wrong.

its my oppinion that when some of these mixers became popular and hence mass produced, the quality inevitably goes down.

i havent heard the same said of Ecler mixers, many people seem to really rate them, but i also know alot of people who dont like working on them and who find the EQ's strange.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

steevio wrote:
its my oppinion that when some of these mixers became popular and hence mass produced, the quality inevitably goes down.
I think we could almost rate this as a fact...
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

aka As soon as they let these chinese manufacturers take over everything turned to shite.
lcaise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: dj mixer

Post by lcaise »

klankeffect wrote:hi,

i was wondering what you guys prefer to play with and why? i prefer the xone92 because it has a verry nice filter and it has a 4 band EQ instead of 3.

grtz
1st You need to answer how much You have to buy mixer? What are You playing [what kind of music], vinyl/digital? How many sources of sound ?
facebook.com/lcaise.official
facebook.com/tanztonerecords
lcaise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lcaise »

My TIPS:

- don' buy any pioneer stuff [crappy sound, crappy EQ characteristic]
- dont buy any numrk/gemini stuff [crappy quality]
- look for a mixer made in japan/espana/uk - don't buy toy from china/vietnam etc
- if You are vinyl dj - choose analog-based mixer, like xone 62/92, vestax 275 [classic!] etc
- if You are a digital dj take a look at the new Denon machines [x1600 & x1700] - its work perfect with serato, mixvibes, traktor and other digital software [buildin audio interface + midi controllers].
facebook.com/lcaise.official
facebook.com/tanztonerecords
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil »

how much does this matter if you're really at the mercy of what the club has to offer for mixers - I guess for home use and recording mixes at home, you'd want the best, but....