[MIJA008] Carlo – Darker Than Black EP - Mija Recordings )

- only
louiso
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[MIJA008] Carlo – Darker Than Black EP - Mija Recordings )

Post by louiso »

Buy it here: https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/con ... n_black_ep

1. Glück Strasse
2. Glück Strasse (Mihai Popoviciu Remix)
3. Darker Than Black
4. Darker Than Black (Elef Remix)
5. Trainee

The next instalment on Mija Recordings welcomes the incredible talents of London based Spanish expat Carlo. We asked Carlo for his biog to include in the press release to which he sent: “This Spanish producer and also half brain of Neovinyl loves to go to parties and have fun. Sometimes he makes nice music and goes out to play his live set. He likes simplicity!”

So mysterious he may be but Carlo is an underground artist on a mission! His track “Mr Brown” on his own Neovinyl was an underground hit last year with big support coming from Loco Dice, Carl Cox, Steve Bug & Damian Lazarus. Mija boss Louis Osbourne was also a big fan of the track, using it a set opener for many months, so the polite thing to do was to ask Carlo for some material for Mija and he promptly delivered three excellent deep techy cuts!

The opening track “Glück Strasse” is a deep tech house track that is as groovy as it is hypnotic. The funky keys and atmospherics ensure this track is suitable for small clubs or big floors. It’s packed with soul and emotion. “Darker Than Black” harks back to old school Chicago house with its overdriven bass line, off-key sax stabs and subversive vocal hooks. Lastly “Trainee” shows Carlo’s versatility as he drops a lovely deep house cut. This is warm house music for late nights.

On the remix tip we have invited two excellent producers for their interpretations. First up is Romanian Mihai Popoviciu. Since his first release on DJ Hell’s imprint Gigolo Records in 2005 he has released trax on Pascal Feos' Level Non Zero Recordings, Fear Of Flying, Hudd Traxx, Bang Bang, Diynamic and is now signed to Berlin’s Highgrade Recordings. He often collaborates with Jay Bliss recording as the Hermannstadt Collective. His remix of “Glück Strasse” is a hypnotic jacking affair with a nod back to old school house. This is deep and techy but with with a rhythm section that will move any floor.

Next up is one of the freshest talents to emerge from Germany this year, Elef. He started his journey into electronic music aged 12 when he bought decks and started DJing! Three years later, he started producing house music. Today, Elef is one of the new faces of house music on the global scene with releases on Hypercolour, Weplayminimal, and Siam. He is being charted across the board by the likes of Jooris Voorn, Osunlade, and Robert Dietz. In 2010 Elef is preparing a wide range of tech & deep house originals as well as collaborations with other artists including M.in. His remix of “Darker Than Black” is proof of his ever growing talent. It’s a brilliant deep house re-work with excellent new school production, whilst retaining a nod to a classic deep house sound.

This release sees Mija shake things up again, moving back to a deeper sound. Not wanting to be generic we will continue to release underground music from deep house through to techno whilst retaining the high quality we are known for! Now get your freak on!

DJ FEEDBACK….

Luciano – “downloaded thank you .. L”

Dubfire – 5/5

Konrad Black – “The Mihai remix for me...”

Ramon Tapia – “gluck strasse orig and trainee sound cool ill try it out !!”

Slam – “nice dark and trippy - strong release - playing - thanx guys”

Danny Tenaglia – “Nice EP… thanx!!

Paco Osuna – “I like the Mihai Popoviciu Remix”

Karotte – “mihai´s rmx is nice.”

Yakine – “Darker than Black (elef remix) for me .thanks!”

Reset Robot – “trainee sounds great! will play this”

Daniele Papini – “Popoviciu 4 me, support!”

John Selway - “definitely will play Mihai remix”

Bushwacka – “wicked release.....deep and phat.”

Markantonio – “Glück Strasse Original Mix – Support!!!”

Emerson – “like glück strasse in both versions”

Miro Pajic – “Man! This Carlo release is a BOMB!!! LOVE IT!” 5/5

DJ Simi – “Darker than black is great!”

Samuel Knob – “nice ep! Thanks”

EDDIE AMADOR – “IN MIXXIMIZED next week and at GIG!”

Steve Prior – “Deep, semi-dark, great stuff will play and support. thank you!”

Timo Maas – “nice remix, not sure if i would definately play, but decent. elef mix is nice too”

Matt Tolfrey – “Both remixes are good, will play both.”

Osunlade – “the original of Gluck and Trainee are nice”

Marco Bailey – “Glück Strasse (Mihai Popoviciu Remix) is cool”

Elef – “great package, thanks for being a part of it !”

Anderson Noise – “I like it!! 5/5”

Erphun – “my fav here is orig mix of Gluck Strasse. Its got a cool and deep minimal groove to it.”

Jairo Catelo – “nice ep! Thanks”

DJ Pippi – “I like the Elef remix”

Stacey Pullen – “solid overall release. Support”

Chris Fortier - “good ep collection. darker than black my fav”

Nick Holder – “Serious release! All tracks are strong! Will rock them all! Thanks for sending!” 5/5

Michael James – “Great Package, will definitely play!” 5/5

Dirty Tourists – “gluck strasse is an absolute bomb we have been smashing this every single weekend since louis sent it to us this fits our sets so we at the minute 10/10 for this release simply amazing!!! well done”

Mark Henning – “Trainee is great”

Darran Nugent AKA Aruba – “The best Mija release yet. Love this. My picks are Glück Strasse (Original) and Trainee. Splendid. Great find and so groovy. 10/10.”

Nick Warren – “all the original mixes are first class, love em” 5/5

Gavin Herlihy – “Liking the ELef remix and Trainee.. nice vibey tech house. Thanks”

Dibby Dougherty – “Dark sweaty music at its best, perfect for later in my sets”

Sasse – “Elef remix is ace - TX !”

Rob Warner – “Darker Than Black' is totally dope and 'Trainee' is also pretty kewl!”

D.Ramirez – “Mihai Popoviciu Remix is the one!”

Tyler Stadius – “Love the original of Gluck Strasse - right twisted madness here!”

Miniminds – “liking the original mix of darker than black”

Audiojack – “Playing Mihai Popoviciu Remix. Thanks!”

Richie Hawtin – “download for R Hawtin”

Alland Byallo – “Elef mix for me. Tight!”

Nils Nürnberg – “Both remixes stick out a lot! Especially the Elef interpretation is just far out! In my box!”

Per Hammar – “Really nice bass sounds in Glück Strasse and Elef's mix of Darker Than Black is a cool warm up track for me.”

UGLH – “We like Trainee, but Elef remix is great as usual...we love his sound..! Thanks.”

Technasia – “Playing Darker Than Black (Elef Remix)”

Adam Shelton – “Elef mix is my favorite, really nice groove, also like the mihai popoviciu mix,solid!”

Andy Baxter (Pacha) – “Very nice hypnotic. All over it”

Tom Budden – “Mihai's remix is the one doing the bizzniss for me! I like the Elef one too for earlier on.”

The Scumfrog – “Darker than Black is amazing!”

Shane Watcha – “Trainee is cool!”

Luis Bonias – “Great package...difficult to choose one..for the monet Mihai remix is the winner”

Lewis Ryder – “Top release. The Elef remix is very interesting. Reckon that will work on the floors very well :)

UES – “popoviciu remix is nice”

Patrick Zigon – “great ep with awesome remixes of mihai & elef!! can't say which is my fav...all is good!”

Wally Lopez – “Support on Mihai’s mix! 4/5”

James Blonde – “Darker Than Black & Trainee thanks”

Maetrik – “Funky little EP Mates ! Thanks”

Quentin Harris – “Honestly there's something in great in these tracks, but I can't figure out what it is!!!”

Ekkohaus – “Really nice music....brillaintly balanced......M.Popoviciu remix is properly topping it up....thanx”

Mistress De Funk – “gluck strasse is the one! the remix is class too, love this whole e.p, very strong, darker than black is awesome, and as always elef is the nuts. Thanks for this! well impressed”

Alex Flatner – “ Super strong Release...Glück Strasse Original is ace...also the Mihai Remix works , too. Will play this a lot !!”

Jamie Anderson – “Amazing release!! 5/5”

Stephan Hinz – “Glück Strasse is nice!”

Paul Hamill/Psycatron – “going for the Mihai Popoviciu remix on this. super package all round”

Shur-i-kan – “mihai popovcio mix for me”

Shane Johnson (Fish Go Deep) – “Nice spooky house. Trainee and the Elef mix of Darker Than Black working well for me.”

Tom Novy – “Nice thanks, 4/5”

Oliver Ho – “Cool package. Elef's Remix is my favorite here, also the Mihai Remix moves my ass! Will play both loud tonight”

Rico Henschel (Sweet n Candy) – “Thanks for that... all mixes are great. Mihai Remix is my fav.”

Axwell – “will check them out in the club!”

Anil Chawla – “Trainee is nice.”

Ken Fan – “Fucking all slamming,right up my street !!!”

Brian Taaffe (RTE Pulse) – “As always Mija comes up trumps again!! Love it!! Cheers”
juanm2t
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by juanm2t »

good i like!