Beat Matching

- open
Morgy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Beat Matching

Post by Morgy »

Hey i know this has been asked probably loads before but has anyone any tips? I just cant seem to get it, and it hasnt helped that i have been using serato with 1200s for the past year. By looking at the screen too much i havent learnt how to beatmatch properly!

Im buying more vinyl now and any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
rationalism
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rationalism »

"Practice makes the master"
RATIONALISM RECORDS /// www.rationalismrecords.com /// PLEASUREX.CLUB /// https://pleasurex.club/

MYHOUSE YOURHOUSE /// soundcloud.com/mhyh-records /// ZARDOS /// https://zardos.bandcamp.com
Christ Lewis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Christ Lewis »

Stay calm. The tenser you get (which inevitably happens with every frustrated beginner) the harder it gets. Try to move to the music you're mixing. It calms the mind, aids concentration, and makes the tempo you're chasing less abstract.

But mainly it's just practicing.
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by . »

Smoke weed.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

do like the trance guys in the 90ties, mix with DAT tapes, much easier..
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

. wrote:Smoke weed.
this will make it worse, if he's not used to it :D

but seriously.. you just have to keep practicing.. success comes slow and in small pieces.. good speakers could help.. but i don't know what you have right now..
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

you have probably heard this before, but play the same track on both players and play around with the pitch, see how it interacts. If you have a mate handy, have him change the pitch of one of the records and then keep his hands over the pitch fader and display while you set the other one to the correct value
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

It is one of those things where you just have to do it. Get a crate of vinyl together and just play out of that crate for however long it takes.

One of the big things is just playing the same records together over and over again. Eventually you will get to the point where you can hit certain mixes in your sleep because you have done them so many time.

Even if you buy new vinyl, don't play it with your crate. Just keep working that crate until you nail it.