trance boys and jungle kids

- open
accdntly
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

trance boys and jungle kids

Post by accdntly »

does anyone else work in one. any good stories or complaints? i dont try and be a dickhead but the customers really are idiots. im really nice to most people like my friends and little young kids that dont know anything but just want to hear some good music. the people who really irk me are generally the trance people, college boys with their polo collars popped, gap denim and shitty white boy haircuts. jungle kids with oversized thug clothes like cargo sweatpants which make no goddamn sense to me and beat up ghetto slang. there seems to be a lot of dumb people into dance music and i swear to go theres as many different types of dance music as there are personalities. its allso annoying that not enough people buy good music. a few times ive had people call the store and ask me about area parties, im just like "google it" as if i have the time to list of the times, dates, and line ups of 60 parties, if you really want to know come in and pick up flyers. ok so it has its perks to. fresh vinyl, discounts, meet some cool people, people like you, easy work/shitty money. once i had this kid come in and he said "hey your pumas are looking beat up" and im all like "fck you" under my breath, than he proceeded to tell me that he worked at the puma store and to stop in and hed take care of me. next day bought $75 pumas for $30. killer right? i had to kick frankie bones out of the store to one day which is kindof a long story. im nice, i swear to god ask pheek, or cyhl ive even talked to a few of you via internet. im not that stereotypical prick behind the counter of a record store. im just that cool :wink:
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

dear Accdntly,

it's not a crime to have your own opinion, not everyone is the same, so i'm guessing some people will like you while others will dislike you for your attitude towards them. i guess the least you can do it to be kind to trance or drum'n'bass guys and don't give a fck what they say. custormers expect 100% from you, so it's kinda shitty when they only get "google it", i think!

best regards,

dr. Phill
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
mayzee
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mayzee »

:)

I don't work in a record shop, but some mates of mine do... they used to have to stock loads of D&B, even though if they had their own way the shop would have been stocked with quality house and techno... but D&B was what the kids wanted, so to keep the business viable its what they had to keep in, especially not having a shop in london...

you're right about trance kids though... especially when they try and rant at you about how good X DJ is, and you know all he's done is blend the ends of tracks and make sure he goes through a simple key progression to give a cheap emotional response...

don't get me wrong, i listened to some rubbish when I was 17 (gabba!!!) but I *never* went through a trance phase ;)
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

You know, people are people, it has not got anything to do with which genre they like or play. If they are assholes, then they are assholes, good for them, if they are not, then good for them too. That's just how the human condition is. Ask any store owner/clerk in a non-music situation and they'll tell you good stories and bad stories. It's just a fact of life.

If I were in a work situation like that I would be expected to hold it down emotionally. I'd be there to serve the customer no matter who they are. In the business world, that is the way things work. If they act very innappropriately and/or violently, then warn them or kick them out.
astro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by astro »

i don´t think there´s any problem with sending a customer to search, if he´s being ridiculous on the petition... it´s all a matter of common sense, while being respectful to respectful people everything works out fine.
and there´s nothing wrong with trancers, i mean, there´s this stereotype that most of them adjust to, but there are always exceptions.... as well as (i assume you all know) there are some assholes also into techno or minimal...

peace.
zero.
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

Anyone see the film "Human traffic"??? Kind of reminds me of the junglist kids in that. All dressed up in bad boy ghetto clothes, talking some stupid slang, but they´re just middle class white boys in disguise. Funny film.