AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Roqqert wrote:
AK wrote:
Roqqert wrote:
hydrogen wrote:
AK wrote:I see you stopped thinking, right at the point where you posted that silly post. :lol:
touche' :lol:
i already made more tracks right at the point you were thinking
Congratulations. So what's your point?
start being confident enough about your ears. Theyll tell u what harmonics on intervals :D !
I've been doing music long enough to know when to rely on my ears and when my ears have no part in the equation.

I'm not sure you understand the concept of what is being discussed.
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

Some people get by fine 'using their ears', some like to know the nitty-gritty technical details. If it helps and it's not a crutch then what's the problem?
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

simonb wrote:Some people get by fine 'using their ears', some like to know the nitty-gritty technical details. If it helps and it's not a crutch then what's the problem?
There's only so many harmonics you can pick up by ears anyway. It's not even related to 'by ear'.

Some really strange posts coming about on this, do people actually know what they are on about when they refer to 'by ear'?

For instance, a sawtooth waveform is made up of multiple sines of certain frequencies and amplitudes, what has that got to do with doing anything by ear? :|
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

just do your thing..

there will always be lazy people who try to look down on you because you are not lazy and have the desire to learn.. there will always be the "a kickdrum is a kickdrum is a kickdrum" and the "cant you just sample a shaker" attitudes.. oh, i forgot the "make tracks not tools" and the "why bother making it when it there ready for you to use"

theres a universe to be discovered, so little inventors nowadays
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

AK wrote:
For instance, a sawtooth waveform is made up of multiple sines of certain frequencies and amplitudes, what has that got to do with doing anything by ear? :|
becuase you don't need to know any mathematical details to feel how the wave is sounding.

but it is interesting to go deeper. and i don't think it would be possible to reverse engineer the waveform and the Fourier Transform theory without reading anything.

So yeah I think both sides have their own value. The physical theory and the experience of sound.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

AK

i know what youre saying bro
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

Roqqert wrote:
AK wrote:
Roqqert wrote:
hydrogen wrote:
AK wrote:I see you stopped thinking, right at the point where you posted that silly post. :lol:
touche' :lol:
i already made more tracks right at the point you were thinking
Congratulations. So what's your point?
start being confident enough about your ears. Theyll tell u what harmonics on intervals :D !
just skip the utter useless comments man, i'm not impressed. tutor others only when you have something to tutor
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

s.k. wrote:just do your thing..

there will always be lazy people who try to look down on you because you are not lazy and have the desire to learn.. there will always be the "a kickdrum is a kickdrum is a kickdrum" and the "cant you just sample a shaker" attitudes.. oh, i forgot the "make tracks not tools" and the "why bother making it when it there ready for you to use"

theres a universe to be discovered, so little inventors nowadays
I like what you are saying!

Also, it does seem like that a few people did get intimidated by the knowledge of some people here.