Let the flame war begin hehe

- open
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by . »

tone-def wrote:it's weird because everywhere i go people are still playing vinyl. over the last year i've played more gig which had no CDJ's than no 1210's.
Same here.
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

CDJ's will disappear before Technics.

:lol:
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

tone-def wrote:
zentex wrote:i gotta say...if i'd play digital a usb stick would be my first choice of format. nothing's more convenient, just bring your keys, with a couple of usb sticks attached, to a gig :lol:

i've done it before
. just plug it into your mates sarato and away you go.
:!:
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

roland wrote:don't know what this guy is talking about...

the cdj-2000 is not that expensive??????? 1800€ for a cd player.. :?
in the comments a guy from russia says that there a cdj-2000 costs 2600$

even robert johnson has cdj-800.. speaking for austria, i'm pretty sure there will be no club which buys the cdj-2000..

seriously.. he had to give something back for getting the 2 cdjs for free..
"Totally accepted. Yeah, I think it had to be a discussion for a while, because there was a vinyl-protective group. But now, nobody cares anymore"
yeah on the parties he is playing i truely believe that no one cares.. like on timewarp.. i wanted to know who is playing on floor2 cause due to richies delayed liveset the entire timetable was delayed too.. i seriously asked up to 15 people who is playing right now (because the booth was so far away you just couldn't see from the back..) sadly really no one knew who was playing.. if the people don't care who is playing, how can they care about any setup?? and these are imo the people who are filling the big parties..

but i agree on vinyl beeing death.. but imo just for the mainstream.. it's really death there..
I think this is a really good point, a lot of people don't care at all as in- the majority of the audience, the only people who do are DJs that like to moan on forums, and whilst they might be more visible - the silent majority says - we don't give a monkeys ass - cut the bs and give us good music.

I played with a guy recently who played a set with winamp off a netbook, the guy is capable of mixing on 3decks and it pretty good on the turntables, he also plays live off hardware - he doesn't playoff a netbook because he's lazy- he spent a good week selecting amazing music for the party and despite it not being beatmatched, the set had an amazing flow - it was outright bonkers in fact (very experimental stuff he was playing including a lot of his own material)

No-one batted an eyelid, the people enjoyed his music,and at the end of the day - I think that's the important thing - I think people forget you need more than fancy equipment or trainspotter friendly styles to make a good party - you need a good crowd of people who want to party and you need to generate an atmosphere, I'd say good music will help this along wether it's played off a turntable, a usb stick or otherwise.
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

AVX23 wrote: I think people forget you need more than fancy equipment or trainspotter friendly styles to make a good party - you need a good crowd of people who want to party and you need to generate an atmosphere, I'd say good music will help this along wether it's played off a turntable, a usb stick or otherwise.
100000000000 % yes! :D
A-Dreamer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by A-Dreamer »

ultimately, it's your choice what and how you play. the music is what counts. some people find vinyl to be the medium of choice because they grew up with it, others have seen too many hawtin and magda sets and have been so up in their asses that they've got themselves timecode audio the very next day. who cares ?
mindful matters
soundcloud.com/son-der