Hardware soundmodules

- ask away
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

i would go for soundmodule, because they're quite uselss they wont have better quality than computers, they wont be easier to use, and i think there are many many 'soundmodules' vsts ( i mean presets of vsts). better buy a real synthesizer and learn how to amke those sounds yourself , more fun and you actually learn something
its all about the rhythm
lcaise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lcaise »

facebook.com/lcaise.official
facebook.com/tanztonerecords
Phurniture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Phurniture »

Of the Roland sound modules, this one is supposed to be one of the very best:

http://www.vintagesynth.com/roland/jd990.php

My buddy has one with the Vintage Expansion board...perhaps I should make an offer...
lcaise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lcaise »

If he want to sell this stuff let me know price :)
facebook.com/lcaise.official
facebook.com/tanztonerecords
widdly
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by widdly »

I'd get one of the Roland JV series. I have a Jv10101 and once you get into an editor you can get a lot of mileage out of it. They are probably cheaper than an equivalent VSTi.

It is a "rompler" but that shouldn't be a dirty word. It is pretty deep and has loads of parameters to edit. It has 4 oscillators, 4 filters, 8 lfo's and 12 envelopes per voice. You can change the routing so the filters run in parallel to get steeper cutoffs. You can set up ring modulation. It has one effects slot plus a chorus and reverb. The effects and LFO's will tempo sync to midi. You can layer voices and build a 64 voice monophonic patch if that floats your boat.

You can't edit sounds on the jv1010 but if you have multi-client midi ports on your pc you can run the change-it editor at the same time as your sequencer and edit patches while you sequence.

I'm working on a tech house live-pa set with just a JV1010, a midi controller and MMT8. Programming nice modern sounding drums is challenging but all the other sounds are a breeze.