Thinking about getting a tattoo

- open
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

Have you thought of writing it on your foot? Like on the side, where the Nike logo is located on the shoes?

The symbolism could be that of walking in the shoes of an Indian and similar stuff...

This way every time you will put your socks and shoes on you will be reminded of your roots.

Plus I think it's a pretty cool place to have a tattoo like that.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

john clees wrote: you can always get it lazed off...
True, but, it's at least as expensive as having the tattoo done in the first place, and not always a nice skin afterwards..
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by agodi »

You need to choose something that works for you personally and something you wont get sick of in the future if your asking people on a forum whether its a good idea or not then im guessing that deep down you know its isn't.

I got a tattoo for similar reasons, to symbolise my indian heritage but desided to be a little more subtle and designed a sun for my back that was influenced by henna patterns and traditional patterns.

The other thing i'd advise is that once you have a design you like keep it in your wallet for a year or so and keep checking it to see if you still like the same design at a later stage.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

agodi wrote:The other thing i'd advise is that once you have a design you like keep it in your wallet for a year or so and keep checking it to see if you still like the same design at a later stage.
true. And never mind the 'this is sh!t' comments: it's something personal so as long as you think it's what you want, it's the only thing that matters.

Going to my tattoo artist this afternoon to discuss a design. I have one tattoo but once you have one, you want more :p
keto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by keto »

i'd get a semi-permanent tattoo and/or write something in hindi ;)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

PsyTox wrote:And never mind the 'this is sh!t' comments: it's something personal so as long as you think it's what you want, it's the only thing that matters.
Do you think it's a cheesy design? On the one hand I thought it would be cool to have a mark that signifies me as a "product of India" But I could see on the other hand how it could come off as terribly gimmicky. I would love to get some more opinions.
The man is asking for opinions, because he is in doubts.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

write it on the side of your index finger. So you can point everything out as "made in india" (including yourself) :D

I myself am seriously considering tattooing a finger on my index finger. Something in the way of

or maybe I'm just not ok? :?
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

you should do as steve-o