Post your Discogs wantlist

- open
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Kiani wrote:
WillieSmalls wrote:
Rookas wrote:so whats the point of this thread? just to look through other people wantlist? you just look and listen thats it , yeah right.
Yes, that was my exact intention.
:lol: You're being naive, but that's fine ;)

I got this one record which makes the crowd go nuts, so another DJ came up to me and asked for the title. I heard he gave the title to a few friends and the ball started rolling. Now everybody in my town is banging this record... When I played it the last time, I felt quite old...
Oh Kiani... still boasting your limited edition of Tiesto's "Traffic" remixed by Richie Villalobos... get over it man.
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

PsyTox wrote:
Kiani wrote:
WillieSmalls wrote:
Rookas wrote:so whats the point of this thread? just to look through other people wantlist? you just look and listen thats it , yeah right.

I got this one record which makes the crowd go nuts, so another DJ came up to me and asked for the title. I heard he gave the title to a few friends and the ball started rolling. Now everybody in my town is banging this record... When I played it the last time, I felt quite old...
Oh Kiani... still boasting your limited edition of Tiesto's "Traffic" remixed by Richie Villalobos... get over it man.
Damn, so it has already found its way to Bruges already?

Lovely record, right? ;)
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

i am really bad with my wantlist...i dont add too much at a time and it never really stays in queue. i only buy from within the states, but sometimes i spend a little too much :oops:

just picked up these:

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/357068-01.htm

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/353282-01.htm

both are available on juno, but i saved a lot on shipping and will most likely get here faster
- matt
prussell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by prussell »

WillieSmalls wrote:Nobody is going to go through your wantlist, find audio for the tracks and go buy them.
Kiani wrote:I got this one record which makes the crowd go nuts, so another DJ came up to me and asked for the title. I heard he gave the title to a few friends and the ball started rolling. Now everybody in my town is banging this record... When I played it the last time, I felt quite old...
this.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

Kiani wrote:
WillieSmalls wrote:

this is soooo true but sad.. good to hear that it just doesn't happen to my local scene!
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

YO PEOPLE!! IF YOU WANT GOOD MUSIC, CHECK OUT MY 580 ITEM BIG WANTLIST:

http://www.discogs.com/wantlist?user=teori

AWESOME RECORDS ALL OF THEM!!!!!
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

thomasjaldemark wrote:YO PEOPLE!! IF YOU WANT GOOD MUSIC, CHECK OUT MY 580 ITEM BIG WANTLIST:

http://www.discogs.com/wantlist?user=teori

AWESOME RECORDS ALL OF THEM!!!!!
Jeroen* - Retrospect (Cache Records)

Jeroen is doing one of our next releases, I'll ask him ;)
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Kiani wrote: Damn, so it has already found its way to Bruges already?

Lovely record, right? ;)
awesome, although it loses a lot of its magic if you're not playing it ;)

Pretty common that people write down records of others... why are the ID-topics on all boards so popular? It's a sign of the time: people don't want to make the effort to go and dig through crates or even spend an hour a day sifting through Beatport/Decks/Juno... while I think searching is an essential part of being a good dj (or at least: one that stands out from the rest). Digital or vinyl: you need to put in the work to find good stuff. I think Villalobos f.e. is an absolutely serious crate digger judging by the amount of unknown things he always comes up with again and again.

But most people don't make an effort and just write everything down from charts, id's, mixes, whatever they find on the net. The entire state of music and scenes makes me rather sad but I guess that's mostly because I'm getting old and am old enough to have lived the beginning of this techno thing and I compare too much.