Minimal Underground Techno

- ask away
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

99% of the samples in a samplepack dont get used, not by myself anyway. I hate the thought of someone recognizing a sample or loop in a track id made, its bad enough with a distinguishable synth preset.
symplectiq
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by symplectiq »

kristofason wrote:99% of the samples in a samplepack dont get used, not by myself anyway. I hate the thought of someone recognizing a sample or loop in a track id made, its bad enough with a distinguishable synth preset.
I agree. There is so much personality in sine or other lp bases. They never sound alike.
5meohd
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 5meohd »

^^ HAHAHAHA

to decide what sounds alike is relative to each person.

true minimal is made with the demo of ableton on an ibook in the middle of a field.. before the battery dies.

thats the only way to be original... record all sounds through the 1/8th" in jack and pitch modulate until it sounds like a migrane. arrange. send to get a dubplate at the most hi fidelity expensive place ever. instant pro status.

and for the remix just play that vinyl on a shitty turntable and record it with an expensive stereo mic (that you will return to the shop later that morning) then reverse a break... either delete or put an overdrive on a couple frequency bands.. and repeat the dubplating at a different equally hi fidelity place. robert henke will now actually talk to you personally.

anyone who knows anything knows this :roll:
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

S.D.L wrote:
anizz wrote:again ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzz...
narcoleptic?
not yet but if another five of these topics will show up I am probably gonna be
symplectiq wrote:
anizz wrote:again ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzz...

little z's are sidechained?
you got it ;)
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
MagpieIndustries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MagpieIndustries »

Torque wrote:Don't any of you feel insulted by this at all?
These places think your music can be broken down into a pre packaged form and sold back to you.
Nope, I don't feel insulted. I work my ass off all week, and just want to throw a few loops together and have a bit of fun on weekends. I'm not an elitist wanker who insists on making all my samples from the ground up just to end up being a snobby wanker with what is, essentially, the same old boring shitty minimal that everyone else is already making anyway. Party on dude.
Brankis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brankis »

samples/loops dont make music. no one is going to listen to a one bar sample loop so i really dont see the issue with using them in music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iza_XMB1aKc

take a look at this interview with joris voorn from a recent future music magazine, his music is almost 100% sample library based and he's one of the best dance producers in the world...

the samples are just frequency content/color, its up to you how to use them. i use loops/samples all the time in combination with my machinedrum and other things. it all makes for a nice sound with a good amount of contrast. i prefer not to waste time making a simple backing hi-hat loop when i can just take one and use it. why waste time making something simple like that when its available already??

the other value of using loops is that since you did not make it, it actually gives you a different type of 3rd person perspective/inspiration on your music that you wouldnt get if you did everything yourself...
Carmen58
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Carmen58 »

Brankis wrote:samples/loops dont make music. no one is going to listen to a one bar sample loop so i really dont see the issue with using them in music

take a look at this interview with joris voorn from a recent future music magazine, his music is almost 100% sample library based and he's one of the best dance producers in the world...

the samples are just frequency content/color, its up to you how to use them. i use loops/samples all the time in combination with my machinedrum and other things. it all makes for a nice sound with a good amount of contrast. i prefer not to waste time making a simple backing hi-hat loop when i can just take one and use it. why waste time making something simple like that when its available already??

the other value of using loops is that since you did not make it, it actually gives you a different type of 3rd person perspective/inspiration on your music that you wouldnt get if you did everything yourself...
That you say is very interesting !

Firstly, Joris Voorn's vidéo on youtube is so interesting. He has got a good vision of production, he handles loops in great manner. He speaks about it, on an other vidéo, this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlbJAh7t ... re=related ;)

Secondly, to handle loop is a way of proceeding in production. A quality, that is nevertheless original ! 8)

That add tips at my way of proceeding ! Thanks a lot ! ;)
Edward_Molton
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Edward_Molton »

Etienne C. wrote:
Brankis wrote:samples/loops dont make music. no one is going to listen to a one bar sample loop so i really dont see the issue with using them in music

That you say is very interesting !

Firstly, Joris Voorn's vidéo on youtube is so interesting. He has got a good vision of production, he handles loops in great manner. He speaks about it, on an other vidéo, this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlbJAh7t ... re=related ;)

Secondly, to handle loop is a way of proceeding in production. A quality, that is nevertheless original ! 8)

That add tips at my way of proceeding ! Thanks a lot ! ;)
That's indeed interesting talk.
This reminds me that D.Ramirez used once a sample from a Sample Magic cd (created by 6Pod9, love that producer so wanna give him some credit :) ) a main hook of one of his tracks.