Need some advice: UC-33e + APC20/APC40/Launchpad

- ask away
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

i would take launchpad as it could act as a mixer ant sends and so on... its much more better integrating to your setup imho.
its all about the rhythm
TimTor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TimTor »

Rookas wrote:i would take launchpad as it could act as a mixer ant sends and so on... its much more better integrating to your setup imho.
Thanks Rookas. You might be right, as the different modes on the Launchpad look quite interesting. I will try to find a demo shop somewhere near, as I would like to test it.

@ Alex Bizzaro:

You can midi map the number buttons (1-9,0,-,+). The presents buttons on the top right are linked to the internal modes, so those can't be mapped directly.
BlueCode Records - BCR011 - Dubious Methods - Out now (free release)!
Brankis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brankis »

i had an apc40 but got rid of it. nice controller but there were some things i didnt like about it. mainly the way it automatically remaps the effect knobs when you trigger a new clip. not good if you were doing something like automating reverb or delay buildup because as soon as you trigger a new track the knobs get reassigned and you lose control of whatever parameter you were using meaning the reverb tail or delay feedback would keep going cause the knob wouldnt be controlling it anymore

i currently use an ohm 64 and launchpad and am very happy about it. now that i have max4live i could see the apc being attractive for the automatic mapping for all those devices
Alex Bizzaro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alex Bizzaro »

Thanks a lot TimTor :D
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

i have used the apc40 and the launchpad, and I will say I prefer the launchpad.

If you are using live, if you have a uc-33 then the launchpad would be perfect. A lot more flexibility and its more compact. The apc40 is too bulky for me to really consider it a viable option.

Not to mention launchpad + max 4 live is an epic combination.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Go for the launchpad. It's a monome clone of sorts at a fraction of the price. I've got a diy monome beast in the pipeline that I can't wait to get started.
TimTor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TimTor »

Thank you all for your information, I will get the launchpad.
BlueCode Records - BCR011 - Dubious Methods - Out now (free release)!