[ok005] Schatrax, .xtrak, KiNK & Subliminal Kid remixes

- wax
Off-key
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[ok005] Schatrax, .xtrak, KiNK & Subliminal Kid remixes

Post by Off-key »

Hello everyone. Got a new rekkid coming out next week, it's a remix package of our last EP featuring Schatrax, .xtrak, KiNK & The Subliminal Kid. Here's the blurb and stuff! Cheers...

Matt O'Brien - Remixes From The Periphery (Schatrax, .xtrak, KiNK & The Subliminal Kid remixes)
Off-key Industries - OK005
Release date - 12th April (Vinyl) / 3rd May (Digital)
Distributed by Rubadub

For the latest Off-key release, we turned to some of our favourite producers to to remix our previous release, From The Periphery. Matt explains the rationale behind choosing each remixer:

"One of the first names on the list was Schatrax, aka Josh Brent. I've never been a completist when it comes to buying vinyl but I used to scour the second hand shops round London hunting down every last Schatrax release. I was thrilled when Josh agreed to remix Dodaso and the result is a beautifully deep reworking.

Another producer on the original shortlist was Todd Sines as I've been a fan of his stripped back, tweaking minimalism for some time. Todd's remix of Dodaso is typically fucked up and funky in true .xtrak style.

On the flip I turned to some newer producers, the first of which is KiNK, who caught my attention with the twisted sound of his solo releases as well as collaborations with Neville Watson on Rush Hour. His remix of The Gauntlet remains quite faithful to the original whilst also instilling it with his own trippy and unique style.

Last year Peder Mannerfelt, aka The Subliminal Kid, sent me a track which became the only track released on Off-key through a demo submission. Peder ended up having a stellar year as part of the production team behind Fever Ray so I was very happy to have him remix the final track for this release. He's taken Blackwood Freestyle and mutated it into a rolling dub inflected groover."

Track Previews:

A1 - Dodaso (Schatrax remix)
A2 - Dodaso (.xtrak remix)
B1 - The Gauntlet (KiNK remix)
B1 - Blackwood Freestyle (The Subliminal Kid remix)

Absolutely love Schatrax's remix and Kink's remix too. Also the Sublinal remix is nice. Full support. - Ben Klock (Ostgut)

The tracks are hot. I will play in my sets when i get the vinyl. Thanks. - Anthony Shake Shakir (Frictional)

Thanks a lot, I really like Schatrax and Kink´s remix. - Efdemin (Dial / Curle)

The tunes sound awesome! All mixes have something great going on, but the Schatrax & KiNK mix are 100% up my alley & i will probably end up playing these two A LOT!! ;-) - Darko Esser (Wolfskuil / Curle)

Really great release with some unique sounds, all the remixes are excellent. - John Selway (CSM)

Nice varied release, big up!!! - Kevin Gorman (Mikrowave)

Really like the schatrax rmx - Matt John (Perlon)

The xtrak remix is some badass evil funk! angry, tense machine music... love it! The schtrax and KiNK mixes are killer too - Adam Marshall (New Kanada)

The .xtrak remix is really good. Will chart n play. - Franklin DeCosta (Curle)

Nice ep - 2000 and one (100% Pure)

Great record! I really like the Schatrax and Subliminal Kid Rmxes - Dario Zenker (Vakant)

loving the .xtrak remix! nice funked stuff. also the KiNK remix is really cool stuff. full support :) Donk Boys (Dirtybird, Snatch!, Siteholder)

I love todd's mix..lives up to it's title !....v funky and deep...i will play 4 sure - Charles Webster (Defected)

Really nice! Schatrax and KiNK remixes are sweet! - Mark-Henning (soma / Frankie)

The schatrax remix is a beauty, like it a lot and i enjoy the jeff mills feel of the Kink remix. The subliminal kid remix is great too. great ep! - Franco Cangelli (Mowar)

That is a true connoisseur choice of remixers...big respect! Schatrax is my fav! - Alex Flitcsh (Connoisseur)

wow love the schatrax remix ! Great record! - Martin Henkel (Connoisseur)

Subliminal Kid remix is pure heaven and the Schatrax remix is so cool too - Lakuti ( Uzuri , Süd Electronic )

Nice one matt, Schatrax and Kink are my favs. Thanks! - Fader (Curle)

Very good remix from .xtrak - raw and funky as usual - Filq (Shanti records)

Todd's remix of this Matt O'Brien track is exactly what is needed on our dance floors today: Cool! - Eric Clark (Subcurrent)

My two favorites are the .xtrak Mix and the KiNK mix. Todd's remix is a tweaked out groove that never end. - Ulysses (Scatalogic)

Schatrax and xtrak are two of my faves and I love the differing results that they came up with. KiNK and Subliminal Kid's remixes are sounding sweet, too. Awesome package! - Andrew Duke (Cognition Audioworks)

http://www.offkeyindustries.com
http://www.myspace.com/offkeyindustries
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Off-key-I ... 6957205779
http://twitter.com/OffkeyInd
Last edited by Off-key on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

as always

schatrax 4 life !
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

Good one. :)
Off-key
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Off-key »

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Ben Klock has charted the Schatrax remix of Dodaso - http://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/benkl ... hart=32116

Vinyl hitting the shops next week...
Off-key
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Off-key »

Last edited by Off-key on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

indeed good one!
Off-key
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Off-key »

thomasjaldemark wrote:indeed good one!
Thanks Thomas!

Also now in stock at Chemical Records in the UK who have a big sale on at the moment including new releases, so you can pick it up for £4.69. That's less than I paid for fish and chips earlier. Bargain!

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/se ... Track=OK05
Off-key
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Off-key »

Vinyl run almost sold out but the digital release available now for those who are wax averse...

Beatport
Boomkat
Juno
What People Play
iTunes
Amazon