Post your Discogs wantlist

- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

How old does the record has to be before you won't reveal your secrets Eric?
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

I understand cloutier's point of view, but,

It is so easy nowadays to discover "not so known" bombs corresponding to our own taste... I don't think people need a discogs wantlist to discover new sounds. And for those who can only copy others, I think they will just limit themselves to the juno charts of Luciano, Hawtin or Villalobos, not the wantlist of cloutier or Dragonsand (or whoever) on mnml.nl.

I think :)

This thread, I suppose, is just an ego drive (hey, look at my taste!) or some friendly curiosity, nothing more, nothing so bad!

Don't forget that we always think that we've got the best taste in the world, that we must protect it, etc... But it's just a big ego illusion.

cause what is a bomb? For X it's A, for Y it's B.
WillieSmalls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by WillieSmalls »

cloutier wrote:
WillieSmalls wrote:
cloutier wrote:who says they have to be widely sought after? maybe these are personal ones, or ones told to me by friends.
So just because you want them everybody else will follow suit and track them down? This is what you seem to be implying.
you're really missing the point...

what if i have something in there that most people don't know, that's an amazing record, and you browse it and steal that idea from me?

Nobody is going to go through your wantlist, find audio for the tracks and go buy them.

Maybe you are just paranoid & maybe i'm just being a prick. Probably a bit of both.
Nordin
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Nordin »

Dragonsand wrote:we always think that we've got the best taste in the world, that we must protect it, etc... But it's just a big ego illusion.
this is key
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

so whats the point of this thread? just to look through other people wantlist? you just look and listen thats it , yeah right.
its all about the rhythm
WillieSmalls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by WillieSmalls »

Rookas wrote:so whats the point of this thread? just to look through other people wantlist? you just look and listen thats it , yeah right.
Yes, that was my exact intention.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

WillieSmalls wrote: Nobody is going to go through your wantlist, find audio for the tracks and go buy them.
i bet you £50 i would
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

WillieSmalls wrote:
Rookas wrote:so whats the point of this thread? just to look through other people wantlist? you just look and listen thats it , yeah right.
Yes, that was my exact intention.
:lol: You're being naive, but that's fine ;)

I got this one record which makes the crowd go nuts, so another DJ came up to me and asked for the title. I heard he gave the title to a few friends and the ball started rolling. Now everybody in my town is banging this record... When I played it the last time, I felt quite old...