Troy Pierce @ Klangkino Gebesee, Germany- 13-03-2010

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

this guy should stick to his sound and leave the songs from this mix to the likes of martinez and tanzmann
Nikos
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Nikos »

To be honest, this was quite awful. Mixing was very sloppy, flow was inconsistent, lots of flaws in the recording.

I enjoyed a few tracks, but overall I can't say it was a good mix. It's disappointing because I was looking forward to seeing him this weekend. I still might.
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

From the sounds I'm not going to download this. Troy has been super disappointing. Plus is he to high to put any new music out? How many Maetrik tracks does he play in this? Grrr one of my favs disappointing as each day passes.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

Hutch wrote:From the sounds I'm not going to download this. Troy has been super disappointing. Plus is he to high to put any new music out? How many Maetrik tracks does he play in this? Grrr one of my favs disappointing as each day passes.
I thought the same.. he's a sick ass producer though!
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
jtredwings20
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jtredwings20 »

i rarely, if ever, say anything "negative"...but i just don't feel this set. Is Mr.Pierce trying something new & this was his 1st effort w/ this particular style & tracks? Was he maybe sick? I listened twice now just to be sure. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and chalk this one up to an "off" night. After all, these guys travel & play A LOT...However, this set compared to his last I heard? Totally different.
deepdream
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by deepdream »

He's coming to Mexico this friday, I'm still wondering if i should go or not :? This mix bring me some doubts
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

deepdream wrote:He's coming to Mexico this friday, I'm still wondering if i should go or not :? This mix bring me some doubts
I'd still go. It's almost I think he knows he's getting recorded so he plays differntly.
gibby
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gibby »

Uh, yeah. I was at this gig, and people really shouldn't judge based on a very off night!

A few things to consider:

- This was the first night that Troy was using an entirely new rig of equipment, which he had not had time to properly feel out beforehand.

- The vibe of this party was "off". It was rural, outskirts location, not very packed, and with a lot of speed freaks. Not a nice feeling to begin with...

- He went on after a very high energy tech-house set, something he is not used to following, and did his best to build a mood out of it, which was fairly difficult considering the odd location, crowd, and mood of the room.

If you get the opportunity to see Troy play, do it !!

Making sweeping statements about an artist's ability or talent based on a sh!t night and a bad recording taken without permission is just stupid. See you in Mexico.

- Gib