percussion synth

- ask away
KrisM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KrisM »

AK wrote:Does anybody own a Yamaha DX200 - the FM groovebox? I have only heard it via Youtube, as I'm into all the weird percussive sounds you can get from FM, thought about maybe picking one up off ebay but I'd like opinions on it as to how versatile it is.
I used to. It was actually my first piece of gear for making electronica. I miss it sometimes.
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Samples »

Rookas wrote:drumaxx more control
I have to say it pretty cool that they have gone with the "pay what you think its worth" model, I wish them great success with that.

EDIT: Just bought Drumaxx at $13 you cant really go wrong :)
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog
KrisM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KrisM »

Minimal Samples wrote:
Rookas wrote:drumaxx more control
I have to say it pretty cool that they have gone with the "pay what you think its worth" model, I wish them great success with that.

EDIT: Just bought Drumaxx at $13 you cant really go wrong :)
I was tempted by Drumaxx but the demo wasn't happy times for me, and there was even a thread started on KVR about people having issues with the Mac version :(

I do like their pricing model, though :D
boomstick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boomstick »

i got drummax. the issues were fixed when i did a clean reinstall using the beta (i use logic 8 on SL). drummax seems very cool but i havent really figured it out yet
beam me up
deadlyfreq
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by deadlyfreq »

i've been looking at drumaxx and audio damage tattoo. unfortunately audio damage don't do demos so..
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

deadlyfreq wrote:i've been looking at drumaxx and audio damage tattoo. unfortunately audio damage don't do demos so..
i wish i hadn't purchased tattoo... the au unit continually crashes live. :/
Ableton Support wrote:"thank you very much for sending a crashreport to us. We are currently investigating your problem in the development team. It is caused by the AudioDamage Tattoo AU plugin. We have contacted AudioDamage and they look into the problem.

To continue working with your Live set without the Tattoo AU plugin, simply deactivate it (by moving it out of your Plug-Ins folder before starting Live). The Live set should then open again without crashing."
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest