turntables useless now? debat

- ask away
klankeffect
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by klankeffect »

i think its personal taste, its the thing where you feel comfortable with, for me, my mate and me are fucking around with traktor and we feel comfortable with this one... the record bag is the hd, and vynil coast a lot of money so donwloading from beatport is a "cheap" alternitive. Though we are not using the sync button :-)
two like allready beeing sad here, i like to use those loops a lot 4 or 8 bars because i like long mixes and with a vynil it is just impossible no?
anyway you guys are here arguing all the time about vynil, traktor,....
but i just want to mention, there are a lot off good dj's who are playing with laptop. Don't take yourselves toooo fucking serious in the first place for me dj'ing producing ore whatever is about having fun in what i am doing, and if once i will achieve something nice i will still think in the same way about this
lessizmoremoreizless
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

sucks when you go out and the dj actually sounds like he is playing an ipod playlist, lol
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

If You actually buy tracks from beatport it doesnt become "cheap" alternative :) and only thing you get is the mp3/wav file.
Once more , it's all about the music , actually i myself really hate when somebody is ruining the tracks wth efx and loops and alll other stuff , i like fast cuts (eg mills style) which so fucking alot of practice and knowledge, and if you would do the same with traktor , you think it woiuld be the same? I aint saying traktor is worse or better , it only looks like people havent even tried to play with vinyl all they know is traktor
its all about the rhythm
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

Why in the world would people playing synched loops and twisting effects knobs be called playing live? There needs to be a new term for doing that. Call me old fashion but playing live is actually touching some keys and playing them live in front of people. Doing a dj set with turntables is more live than ableton. How come people don't try using both turntables and live at the same time? That sh!t would be live as a hell. Or just get a second person involved or something. The one guy with one laptop playing synched loops turning some effects knobs is getting old as hell real quick. An act with a full band playing would just tear their ass up.
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

Spurn wrote:sucks when you go out and the dj actually sounds like he is playing an ipod playlist, lol

I think Electric Universe do that all the time now-a-days.
MagpieIndustries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MagpieIndustries »

Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

Torque wrote:Why in the world would people playing synched loops and twisting effects knobs be called playing live? There needs to be a new term for doing that. Call me old fashion but playing live is actually touching some keys and playing them live in front of people. Doing a dj set with turntables is more live than ableton. How come people don't try using both turntables and live at the same time? That sh!t would be live as a hell. Or just get a second person involved or something. The one guy with one laptop playing synched loops turning some effects knobs is getting old as hell real quick. An act with a full band playing would just tear their azz up.
x312473156413
:) you feel the detroit vibes here hehe ;)
its all about the rhythm
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

some people here looks like my grandma..