[Rekluse011C] V.A. - Reklusives Vol.1 (Part 3) - Out Now :)

- wax
henry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[Rekluse011C] V.A. - Reklusives Vol.1 (Part 3) - Out Now :)

Post by henry »

Reklusives Vol.1 (Part 3)

A: Loco & Jam - Medusa (Loco & Jam's 'Nitrous Oxide' Mix)
B1: Alex D'elia & Nihil Young - Overated
B2: Simon Stokes - Gam

For the penultimate part of Reklusives Vol.1 we continue our theme of mixing established artists with fresh blood and for this part Loco & Jam, Alex D’elia & Nihil Young and Simon Stokes all return to Rekluse after successful solo releases with the label in 2009.

Reklusives Vol.1 is Fergie and Henry Von’s new compilation series launched to celebrate Rekluse’s first birthday. So far they have been joined by James Dutton, Psycatron, Electric Rescue and Clement Meyer and we’re only half way through...

We begin part 3 with Loco & Jam and an update of their awesome “Medusa” which sound-tracked a flurry of festivals last summer. Since then the Northern Irish pair have made waves with an EP on Umek’s 1605 label, dropped key remixes of Erphun, Dandi & Ugo and Umek himself and are set to appear on Marco Bailey’s MB Elektronics. Here they give “Medusa” an ever so subtle kick up the rear, whilst cranking the energy levels up somewhat.

We love Alex D’elia and Nihil Young’s unique techy sound, their tracks are nearly always jolly affairs and “Overrated” is no different. A big chunky, bouncy number that could be the soundtrack to a fruit machine but will most definitely work a lot better coming out of a very large sound system.

Part 3 is rounded off by Simon Stokes whose collaborations with Mr Copy delivered one of our favourite Rekluse releases so far, the “Lapse EP” is still on our hard drives and in our cd wallets / record bags (you never can have too many copies of a great release). “Gam” is another endearing slice of Simon’s contrastingly energetic yet hypnotic grooves.

Completing Reklusives Vol.1 will be Jordan McCuaig, D.A.V.E. The Drummer and Sinisa Lukic coming soon on part 4.

Reactions:

Anderson Noise: "Overrated, I will play!!!"
Ben Nott (Ultra+): "Gam and Madusa rock! will play both :)"
Christian Smith: "Gam" ROCKS!!!"
DJ Prinz: "Woauw, don't know which one to choose, all 3 tracks are huge !!!!!!!!!! Very very nice one, will put it in my next radioshow on FG UNDERGROUND BELGIUM"
Greg Churchill: "F^ck yeah! M<adneeesss with Alex D'Elia Nihil Young. Full support"
James Talk: "Gam tune is nice!"
Karotte: "Loco & jam again."
Kenneth Thomas (Perfecto): "LOVE THIS! I was huge on the original Loco & Jam Medusa, great update yet keeping the feel of the original.Overrated is very nice as well."
Louis Osbourne: "The Simon Stokes track on here is BADASS!!! 9/10"
Marco Bailey: "The loco & jam medusa stays the BOMBA!!"
Matt Walsh (Turbo): "Overrated is a massive record, gonna be playing this a lot!!!!"
Meat Katie: "Medusa is working for me, but i also really like 'Overrated' will play bot this weekend!!"
Nick Warren: "Medusa and Gam hit the spot for me thanks"
Reset Robot: "Gam sounds wicked!!"
Slam (Orde): "Nice techy trax - GAM for me"
Slam (Stuart): "I like Gam the best ."
Stephan Bodzin: "Downloaded"
Steve Parry: "Loco Jam is ace and simon stokes is very cool."
Technasia: "Medusa & Gam are both very nice. Full support."
Tom Findlay (Groove Armada): "Diggin overrated, heavy bassline"

Part 3 12" out now. Full digital album also available from Beatport

facebook.com/excentricrekluse
myspace.com/excentricrekluse
soundcloud.com/excentricrekluse