Ableton 8.1.1 crashing 100% of the time osx

- ask away
STML
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by STML »

I've been have stability problems with 8.1.x as well. Usually when dragging an AU onto an audio channel while playback is still going.

So I've just been working in Logic till they fix it.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

The new beta seems to be good so far... However, loading AU units can be extremely slow and sometimes the spinning wheel goes on for a bit. lol.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
lejockey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lejockey »

I hate to do this, and feel sh!tty for doing it, but Mac guys tell me this all the time and it p!sses me off something rotten, so for once, its my turn to say it.....

Get A PC..... ;)

Sorry, I just had to. Hope you have resolved your issues, its never nice having crashes and problems.

:)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

lejockey wrote:I hate to do this, and feel sh!tty for doing it, but Mac guys tell me this all the time and it p!sses me off something rotten, so for once, its my turn to say it.....

Get A PC..... ;)

Sorry, I just had to. Hope you have resolved your issues, its never nice having crashes and problems.

:)
as I wrote already before in this thread...
I'm on 8.0.4 and os x 10.5.8 and have only had Ableton crash 1 time, which was about 2 weeks ago.
Brankis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brankis »

whats the point of upgrading operating systems? we all know the audio industry moves much slower than apple or microsoft. im not on a mac but everyone I know on pc is still using XP for making music. why fix something that isn't broken other than a superficial desire to stay "current"

in other words, roll back the OS to something that is known to work and just stick with it (-)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

the good side of 10.6 (snow leopard) is that it's slimmed for all the old code that was working for the pre-intel processors. So it should be slimmed, optimized, smaller (size) plus bug fixes and such.
I'm haven't upgraded so far, but it's in my plans to do so.
Bryan Lee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bryan Lee »

My ableton 8 crashes too and now im using fruity loops on my desktop :(
STML
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by STML »

patrick bateman wrote: I'm on 8.0.4 and os x 10.5.8 and have only had Ableton crash 1 time, which was about 2 weeks ago.
8.0.x and Leopard was very stable for me. I think I notice this issue ever since M4L.