note wrote: That sounds quite expensive
Welcome to the world of audio. :(
thanks, i suppose! ;)
nrjizer
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nrjizer »

note wrote:
tone-def wrote:to get the best out of the Zed 14 you would need an interface with 16 inputs and 14 outputs.
That sounds quite expensive :roll: any suggestions on any USB-interfaces with that amount of ins/outs?
They don't exist.

Even with Firewire, the most I've seen is 8 in/out (analog i/o). Lots of interfaces boast having a million different i/o capabilities, but when it comes to hooking up with external gear what really matters are the dedicated analog ins/outs.

If you want an interface with that much i/o you're going to need one that connects via PCI or some other internal slot. USB and Firewire just don't have the bandwidth.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

If your going to save enough for zed14, firewire audio interface and additional ADAT inputs, you might wanna check ZED R-16 which is kinda all in one.
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

nrjizer wrote:
note wrote:
tone-def wrote:to get the best out of the Zed 14 you would need an interface with 16 inputs and 14 outputs.
That sounds quite expensive :roll: any suggestions on any USB-interfaces with that amount of ins/outs?
They don't exist.

Even with Firewire, the most I've seen is 8 in/out (analog i/o). Lots of interfaces boast having a million different i/o capabilities, but when it comes to hooking up with external gear what really matters are the dedicated analog ins/outs.

If you want an interface with that much i/o you're going to need one that connects via PCI or some other internal slot. USB and Firewire just don't have the bandwidth.
16in and 16out is a lot for FW? zero8 works with firewire.
I havent done the maths (?!?!) but I think FW can handle more than 40ins/40outs. Liquid mix uses 32 mono going to and from the hardware.

Tasos
nrjizer
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nrjizer »

I haven't seen a Firewire audio interface with more than 8-10 analog i/o.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

nrjizer wrote:I haven't seen a Firewire audio interface with more than 8-10 analog i/o.
Thats because the additional inputs comes in separated hardware and connected with ADAT cable.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

nrjizer wrote:I haven't seen a Firewire audio interface with more than 8-10 analog i/o.
Zed r16 has
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

zed r16 is god.
the ancient egyptians carved its specs inside the pyramids.