Where are you at in your productions?

- ask away
bleepbleep
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bleepbleep »

Spurn wrote:^^^ haha, word!!

id say in a situation like that, maybe work on it with a friend / collaborate with someone on it. someone else could always bring a fresh perspective to the project. you mightve originally seen it as something you produced yourself but if you can get passed that basic kind of loop and dont know where to take it from there, someone else might be just what you need to push it further. :)
Had one of those super productive nights tonight so I had another crack at the loop and now 1.5hours latter i've pretty much finished the track. I'll post it up in the member tracks section once i've done some proper mixing on it and tweaked with the structure.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

i'm becoming awesome. 8)
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Utopian82
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Utopian82 »

id say in a situation like that, maybe work on it with a friend / collaborate with someone on it. someone else could always bring a fresh perspective to the project. you mightve originally seen it as something you produced yourself but if you can get passed that basic kind of loop and dont know where to take it from there, someone else might be just what you need to push it further. :)
I agree!! I started making music with another guy (many years ago) and then i went solo for quite some time. bad idea!! It's so important to work with others, simply for the inspiration and the fresh views. Collaborations are the way to go... it also means you can pull back and listen to the music for what it is!

Another reason for the LA (Loopers anonymous) meetings ;)
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

bleepbleep wrote:Had one of those super productive nights tonight so I had another crack at the loop and now 1.5hours latter i've pretty much finished the track. I'll post it up in the member tracks section once i've done some proper mixing on it and tweaked with the structure.
good to hear!!! :D
i need a super productive night. i finished my first track a few weeks ago and have been slackin' since. buying some more new gear soon so i'll get back on my grind.
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

Utopian82 wrote:

I agree!! I started making music with another guy (many years ago) and then i went solo for quite some time. bad idea!! It's so important to work with others, simply for the inspiration and the fresh views. Collaborations are the way to go... it also means you can pull back and listen to the music for what it is!

Another reason for the LA (Loopers anonymous) meetings ;)
I think we should start a topic where people find collaborations. Im not sure if that works (via a forum) but for some of us it might work.

maybe the more experienced members can comment on that

tasos
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

Im more into composition at the moment.
learning new keys and different progressions.

These days i start with a rompler with a piano sound, trying to get something interesting. low octave playing a the bass, mid octave playing chords and the higher octave playing something in the backroung.

It did made my music a 'deep' sound and less house or minimal. but i write the piano with no drums, than mute it and build the drums with a funky feeling that i like.
only than i spread the midi loop i made in the piano to synths.
sometimes its good as it is, sometimes i change the bassline or the way the chords play.

Stomper.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

Daemonix wrote:I think we should start a topic where people find collaborations. Im not sure if that works (via a forum) but for some of us it might work.

maybe the more experienced members can comment on that

tasos
http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=47251

ahh, never mind.
its collaboration of users loops.
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

yeah ive been thinking about wanting to collaborate with someone lately
but im so new to production im not too confident about what i can bring to the table just yet.