NI Maschine

- ask away
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

moessap wrote:Did someone try to pugrade to maschine 1.5 beta :?:
I'm on it, and it simply got better than it already was. MIDI drag and drop is a very nifty feature to me. The SP1200 and MPC60 emulation modes sounds very good to my ears. Haven't gotten round trying to import MPC project files or samples cds yet, but it seems to work perfectly as expected. And may I add this version seems very very stable to me on a macbook 2.4 Ghz. They've also added "macro" knobs like massive offers.
Hope this helps.

@ moessap: big fan of yours btw ;)
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
moessap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by moessap »

Just upgrade now... let's see how it goes, but look really interesting, much more improved than the previous version ;)

Just have an other basic question, is it normal that when you run Maschine in Ableton without connecting the hardware, it used more CPU ??

@Opuswerk: thanks for your advice and your nice word :D
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

moessap wrote:Just upgrade now... let's see how it goes, but look really interesting, much more improved than the previous version ;)

Just have an other basic question, is it normal that when you run Maschine in Ableton without connecting the hardware, it used more CPU ??

@Opuswerk: thanks for your advice and your nice word :D
More CPU than what - standalone, or with the hardware connected?

I've heard of this happening before, maybe submit it as a bug report (it's a beta after all) or check the NI public beta forum to see if anyone's had the same problem.
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
moessap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by moessap »

Well, I am running Maschine as a VST on Ableton, if I don't connected the hardware it use more CPU (the CPU is around 60%)

Then, if I connect the hardware with the USB cable, the CPU is around 30%.

It means that if am running Maschine without connecting the hardware station, it will use double of CPU. Is it normal ?

Probably have to check on NI forums if similar thing already happen to someone.
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

moessap wrote:Well, I am running Maschine as a VST on Ableton, if I don't connected the hardware it use more CPU (the CPU is around 60%)

It means that if am running Maschine without connecting the hardware station, it will use double of CPU. Is it normal ?

No. Well, it might be 'normal' as in it's happening to everyone, but it shouldn't be happening. Submit it as a bug report if you can, that's what betas are for... :)
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
moessap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by moessap »

damagedgoods wrote:
moessap wrote:Well, I am running Maschine as a VST on Ableton, if I don't connected the hardware it use more CPU (the CPU is around 60%)

No. Well, it might be 'normal' as in it's happening to everyone, but it shouldn't be happening. Submit it as a bug report if you can, that's what betas are for... :)
that happened on Maschine 1.1.1 and I didn't checked if it's still the case with 1.5, if yes, I will report to NI support for sure ;)

thanks damagedgoods
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

that happened to me on 1.1.1 also, though im not sure if there was any difference in whether the hardware was connected or not, i didnt pay enough attention, i just thought thats how much cpu was being used with maschine connected period, though mine was only about 40% not 60.

i havent been able to try out 1.5 yet, the sign in form isnt accepting my user login. ive had to put in to NI support to rty and fix this so im waiting on them for that too. seems like nothing is working for me right lately. :?

not whining, just saying :)
Last edited by Spurn on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moessap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by moessap »

I LOVE this 1.5 beta version :D

The stretch pitcher is great, scroll zoom really improved, drag and drop MIDI as audio clip is great...etc..!!

Everything works really well with me with this 1.5 version :D