NI Maschine

- ask away
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

optX wrote:
AK wrote: Essentially, you record patterns, they go into scenes and then you would sequence a series of scenes for a song. A lot of people are saying this can't be done with the current version.it.
I can do that with my Maschine, 1.0.3. But you just can define the start- and end-scene, which means it plays back from scene 1 to scene 4 (for instance). Maybe there will be a better solution in the future for that linear thing ... but let's see, I got mine just yesterday, so there is much more to explore for me today :D

First impression after a 4hours session : The same fun like my electribe, but with much more possibilities and a much better sound and even a better live-ability! I'm impressed!
It does play any scene you want...not just from 1 to 4...you can make it play scene 4, then 2, then 1...etc.....you have to specify it with the program changes..the trick is you have to play with the lenght of you scenes..if it is 1 bar, or 2, or 3 or 4...it will play the whole scene (as a loop, if you dont tell it to change to another scne or to stop) untill the end...you have to make it match..you play with those values and make them fit with your song.....or atleast that is how i have been doing it....

i hope it helps....

cheers
optX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by optX »

yeah, that helps a lot! :lol:

but I'm a Midi noob ... I don't know how to make the program changes ... could you explain it to me please? hehe... cheers!
optX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by optX »

btw. here`s a short snippet I recorded today, practicing in playing live, hehe. Just the Maschine was used, recorded in Pro Tools. There`s nothing mixed except a little bit the volumes. Maybe you get some impression what an experienced liveact can do with that, cause I'm just a live-beginner :lol:

I love that piece! =)

http://soundcloud.com/pol-tox/maschine-snippet

cheers, f!
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

optX wrote:yeah, that helps a lot! :lol:

but I'm a Midi noob ... I don't know how to make the program changes ... could you explain it to me please? hehe... cheers!

I am also a noob.....

read the controller editor manual, it is easy, or go to the NI site forum or knowledege base....there are diferent templates....i am currently using logic pro...so.....

you have to play with it and get to know how it works, just like any divice or software....manuals are your best friends....have fun with it.
optX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by optX »

yeah, I read how to do 10mins after I posted this =) but thank`s!
Van Hagen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Van Hagen »

although I never really understood the fascination of having 16 rubber pads instead of a standard keyboard and (software) sampler here's a cool review on it:

http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/maschine.php
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Van Hagen wrote:although I never really understood the fascination of having 16 rubber pads instead of a standard keyboard and (software) sampler here's a cool review on it:

http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/maschine.php
I picked one up last night, and wondering why I didn't get something with 16 rubber pads sooner :P

I don't have much gear at all - mostly just noodle around in my spare time, the only other hardware I have is an 25key midi keyboard.

For more melodic elements / bass lines / etc - that comes more naturally on the keyboard for me. For laying down drums / etc, things instantly clicked with me on the maschine.

I've only fooled around with it for about 3 or 4 hours, but in just "learning to use it" - I've gotten down a few really neat loops and pieces, and some aspects of it make things like automation / etc really easy and getting more natural sounding variations in velocity / etc.

Pressing down on a button in note repeat mode, lightly adjusting the pressure to change the velocity (not needing to tap) while being able to record the automation on things like panning / attack / decay / etc.

Types of sounds/patterns/etc that I struggled to figure out how to create before (with limited to no success) came very easily on the Maschine.

You can easily get lost in the flow of things for a bit, build up a few scenes / patterns / etc and never need to look at the computer screen at all - but when you want to have a bigger picture of what everything looks like, it's handy to have that option there.

The main complaint I have so far is you cant adjust the loop-points on a pattern right now. You can adjust the length easily enough, but if you want to loop a smaller part of it while you work on it - there is no way to do that.
moessap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by moessap »

Did someone try to pugrade to maschine 1.5 beta :?: