- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

.kavo.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Flumo Podcast 002 - Alex Jones

Post by .kavo. »

Flumo Podcast 002 - Alex Jones

1. What was your intention in terms of style and concept?

I made this podcast to reflect my production and Dj style, it has a bit of editting to it and some other trickery... i thought i'd take it hard from the off!! the first thing you hear is 'Acid'. I thought that set the tone nicely. these are al the tracks that are really featuring heavily in my sets at the moment, some old and some new and of course, some unreleased ;) i hope you like it!!

2. After been release in such important labels, like Turbo, Hypercolor, Glimpse Recordings, Mur Mur or Flumo Recordings, among others.. What is next as producer?

Next I have releases and remixes coming out on Tsuba, Hypercolour, No.19, Get Physical, Skint, Turbo, Akbal Music, Luna, Funkhaus and some others…
I really want to focus on my own label Hypercolour and my two new labels, Glass Table & Losing Suki, which will launch very soon.

3. What music movement or sound from is still influencing the sound of Alex Jones?

UK garage and 2 step.

4. What do you think about the massive offer of music nowadays? In your opinion, is that affecting somehow the essence and quality of the music?

Yeah, it’s really bad, it’s so easy to make music now with loops etc in programs like ableton, it’s not an art, it’s painting by numbers.
It is very hard to make music well. I think you can tell the people who put the effort in and use outboard synths etc, it makes a real difference.

5. Recently, one of your remix has been published for the acclaimed TWICE'S 'Back to Basic'. The feedback has been very positive,and many of the reviewers refereed to your remix in terms of the quality and character of your music. Could you tell us something else about this job?

I am really happy with this remix, I play it a lot in my sets and it works really well.
When I remix an artist I always try and put my own stamp on the sound design and try and change the feel as much as possible. It’s basically slow techno, the kind of 'Berghain sound’ I went for.

6. Is there any style or dynamics that in an Alex Jones's dj set is a must?

I’m quite a heavy handed dj, I like to bring tracks in very quickly to keep momentum up o the dancefloor. I get so bored listening to the same loop over and over so I try and do things faster. My dj sets are quite dark sounding actually,
But people seem to like the ;-)

7. Apart from the music, what else fills Alex Jone's life?

I’m also a graphic designer…

8. Lets say, someone for your agency calls you to ask that you could choose a club or event and also the artist to play with. Which one would you choose? and with who would you like to play?

Panorama Bar with Tyrant

http://www.flumo.com/es/podcasts.php

Tracklist:
01 Dennis Cox - Acid Town - Soiree Colours vol 4
02 Lil Tony - Mona - Running Back
03 Afrilounge - Maya-Xpression (Akbal Music)
04 Berkson & What - Ghosts - Pokerflat
05 Levon Vincent - Double Jointed Sex Freak part 1 - Novel Sound
06 A:xus - When I Fall (Stryke's Acid Dub Techsture) - Guidance Recordings
07 Alessandro Crimi - Afterhüttn - Broque
08 Qaurtz - Meltdown - Itm Music
09 Tom Demac - Share & Share alike - Hypercolour
10 Roadhouse (pitto Remix)
11 Ivan Iacobucci - Chronic (Anthea & Celler Hard Dub) - Smoke Joke
12 Chris Lattner - Sick - Fear Of Flying
13 Clapz 2 Dogz - Can You Stand The Rain Edit - Glass Table

download --> http://files.flumo.com/Podcast/Pod002/F ... _Jones.mp3
"smokin' hydroponic"