Best all in one box for minimal

- ask away
5meohd
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 5meohd »

is the emx-1 worth $350 usd used? the guitar center near me has one.. they have it priced at 380 but said they would drop 30..

I have only used software.. and was thinking I liked it that way.. but this little discussion and just the impulse of holding that thing (sexy tubes!) are having me second guess :shock:

I already have a complete ableton setup and am thinking this beauty would fit right in!

thoughts?
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

vintagesynth says their estimated value is 500, i see a few other places selling them for a little over 4, so i think maybe 350 isnt so bad for one. i could be wrong tho so dont hold me to it. they have some on ebay around that price but also a few a bit cheaper.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

5meohd wrote:is the emx-1 worth $350 usd used? the guitar center near me has one.. they have it priced at 380 but said they would drop 30..

I have only used software.. and was thinking I liked it that way.. but this little discussion and just the impulse of holding that thing (sexy tubes!) are having me second guess :shock:

I already have a complete ableton setup and am thinking this beauty would fit right in!
thoughts?
Having one of these completely changed the way i make music. I love it.

do you have a soundcard and midi to sync and record it?
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
5meohd
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 5meohd »

yes I do.. but I think I've already talked myself out of it... I think max4live would be a much better investment at the moment..

if it were 250-300 I would consider.. but like someone mentioned, 350 looks to be an average price on ebay.

someday though!! someday!!
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

5meohd wrote:yes I do.. but I think I've already talked myself out of it... I think max4live would be a much better investment at the moment..

if it were 250-300 I would consider.. but like someone mentioned, 350 looks to be an average price on ebay.

someday though!! someday!!
+1 max 4 live is awesome.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
MagpieIndustries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MagpieIndustries »

the emu command stations are really awesome sequencers for live use. Can be a little difficult with menu diving and the sound engines are a bit dated, but they are wicked for sequencing other gear.
schott63
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by schott63 »

hey just in response to your query about the groovebox i have a roland mc909 for sale 800 euro . check out siedgey on youtube to c what it can do its a mean piece of kit
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Samples »

MagpieIndustries wrote:the emu command stations are really awesome sequencers for live use. Can be a little difficult with menu diving and the sound engines are a bit dated, but they are wicked for sequencing other gear.
Sounds interesting. Are they pattern based? Also do they transmit knob information to external synths?
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog