Anyone switch from Cubase (or any DAW) to using ableton??

- ask away
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Samples »

hydrogen wrote:
Minimal Samples wrote:I find live easier to use than Cubase or Sonar, but I'm not a fan of the piano roll midi editing in live, it needs to be seriously improved IMHO.
people complain about the live midi editor but after using cubase 3, cubase sx, logic 9, reason 1 - 4. i think its the best in the business. what needs to be improved about it?
Its very annoying to use and edit with. Also the midi tools are a bit crap to be honest. I find it takes me 2 to 3 time as long to use lives piano roll compared to reason/record.
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog
regler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by regler »

I like lives midi editor too, it lacks some functions yes, but the basic editing is fine and imho very fast. maybe you just have another workflow, I hate reasons midi editor for example. :-)
5meohd
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 5meohd »

*sigh*

read some of robert henke's interviews...
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

deccard wrote:you have a clip and make ghost copies of that which you use somewhere else in the arrangement. if you change the original clip the ghost copys also change. very handy for different stuff.
that would confuse me. i'd make a slight adjustment to one clip then it ends up changing all the ghost clips.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

tone-def wrote:
deccard wrote:you have a clip and make ghost copies of that which you use somewhere else in the arrangement. if you change the original clip the ghost copys also change. very handy for different stuff.
that would confuse me. i'd make a slight adjustment to one clip then it ends up changing all the ghost clips.
Of course this could be handy sometimes, other times not. But I surely see the point and wouldn't mind if Ableton put this in Live...
KrisM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KrisM »

You know, I had a project in Live that when I duplicated clips, any changes I made to one would be made to all. This was back on 8.0.4 or .5 iirc. It doesn't do it anymore, though. but it DID do this, and it irritated the hell out of me until I was able to figure out why :lol:
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

haha, one man's problem is another man's process :)