Had enough (beatport content)

- open
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Had enough (beatport content)

Post by PsyTox »

infernal.techno wrote: I would steer clear of beatport, but it seems as if certain labels only want their tracks to be on this site and this site only.

yeah, understandable, but i don't see how labels can profit more by only sticking with beatport. better rates on "exclusivity"?

i have also seen releases get posted on beatport first and then a week or so later, pops up on other sites :(
the fact that they stand for 90% of the sales and they pay correctly AND they take some costs on their account that other shops charge to the labels... you might not like them but the bottom line is that they treat the labels that are on there very well.

As for pricing, the exclusives are indeed steep, but that's entirely up to the label. And this happens in vinyl as well, Hardwax has their exclusives, Decks, and probably any other store too. If you want to have everything right now, then yes, you have to pay a bit extra. Junodownload, What People Play, Djdownload, you name it, they all have an 'exclusive' scheme so why nag about Beatport only?

I shop mostly at Beatport but also at What people Play which is a bit cheaper but more importantly: they have some things that aren't on Beatport and that's pretty handy if you want to play stuff that others don't :)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

malle eppie wrote:Never had any major problems

always had quick answers and solutions to my questions
x2
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

PsyTox wrote:And this happens in vinyl as well, Hardwax has their exclusives, Decks, and probablthey all have an 'exclusive' scheme so why nag about Beatport only?
The problem doesn't lie in "exclusives". The problem lies in charging my credit card but not allowing me to download what I've paid for...repeatedly. This is a re occurring problem.

I'm sure they treat labels greatly.

They need to step up their support and software game. I've wasted too much of my own time just trying to download music that has already been paid for. And the solution is always the same...they credit me back my purchase (which takes a week) and I have to repurchase the tunes, crossing my fingers that this time the tracks show up in my download library.

Glad others aren't going through this
- matt
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Have you tried to buy from other computers than your own?
I've never had that kind of problem before and never heard anyone have it.

Do you have any other problems with your creditcard when used at other online stores?
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

infernal.techno wrote:
PsyTox wrote:And this happens in vinyl as well, Hardwax has their exclusives, Decks, and probablthey all have an 'exclusive' scheme so why nag about Beatport only?
The problem doesn't lie in "exclusives". The problem lies in charging my credit card but not allowing me to download what I've paid for...repeatedly. This is a re occurring problem.

I'm sure they treat labels greatly.

They need to step up their support and software game. I've wasted too much of my own time just trying to download music that has already been paid for. And the solution is always the same...they credit me back my purchase (which takes a week) and I have to repurchase the tunes, crossing my fingers that this time the tracks show up in my download library.

Glad others aren't going through this
Sorry but in all the time I bought at Beatport never had any issues at all... If they are going to credit the tracks, simply buy them elsewhere :)

Still, must indeed be a pretty sucky experience, had that problem with iTunes once, try to contact those guys... now that's really hitting a stone wall.
BigPoe
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BigPoe »

I'm far from impressed with their customer service. I asked them something twice about my favourite list of labels and they simply ignored me.

Often you don't find out about customer service until something goes wrong.

One of the things that annoys me is that they have no concept of loyalty. I was spending 100s of squid on a monthly basis in the past and didn't see any kind of benefit. Generally monopolies are bad for the consumer, that's why they get regulated. It's only a matter of time...
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

Maybe create a new account and use another internet browser...
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

I've had problems with Internet Explorer 8, but Mozilla Firefox works fine. Maybe try that instead?