consumed

- open
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

oh boy...i could go on all day about this...

there's a lot of different stories about this. some related to race, some related to the riots, some related to our poor city planning, etc etc.

the city, itself, is very run down. lots of vacant buildings with nothing in thim for the last 10 or more years. tons of burnt out buildings and crackdens. no mass transit (well, none that works). very few businesses actually in the city itself. no real "downtown" feel to it (ie. walk four miles with shops everywhere). its just...decrepid.

we have our moments when the city springs to life. the demf, the jazz fest, ho-down, hockey season (at least when we're in the play offs) and basketball time. but outside of that, its just...shitty.

but ya know what? i wouldn't move. some of the best people i've ever met, some of the most amazing experiences i'd never have someplace else, and above all...the music. this city breathes. its alive. it might look dead, but its alive. and its fucking incredible.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

the underground resistance... in the true meaning of words!

i believe that the city has its own charm on many people who live there...it has one me, yet i'm not a native.
it could've been that detroit had his future already planned.. i mean, it started really progressively musicaly speaking and its kinda sad to see the city like that now. yet, it's a good thing that you have those festivals, i think it's essential.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.